Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sullivans...and other Aussie soaps

The Sullivans...and other Aussie soaps

Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Sullivans...and other Aussie soaps

Call me sad, but does anyone else remember the Sullivans? I used to watch it at my nan's when I was about 10 years old - about 1980. I went to a pub in Abbotsford last week and one of the Aussie guys with us told me that it was the pub where the Sullivans was filmed. (It was a nice pub too - quite rustic and - dare I say it - English.)

We had some visitors over from the UK last summer and they insisted I took them to Ramsay St!! It's just a normal residential Melbourne St - but sure enough, there was the Robinson's, Mrs Mangle's, Madge & Harold's. I was quite disappointed tho not to see one of the residents just popping next door with an 'extra' casserole that they'd made!!

Anyone know where the other old Aussie soaps were filmed? (Sons and Daughters, the Cedar Tree, etc)

Last edited by HiddenPaw; Oct 28th 2003 at 7:15 am.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:03 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Home and Away is filmed along at South Sydney coast (I think near Macquarie Lake) but no doubt someone has the exact location The p[lace I want to go is where they filmed Blue Heelers
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Sullivans...and other Aussie soaps

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Call me sad, but does anyone else remember the Sullivans? I used to watch it at my nan's when I was about 10 years old - about 1980. I went to a pub in Abbotsford last week and one of the Aussie guys with us told me that it was where the Sullivans was filmed. (It was a nice pub too - quite rustic and - dare I say it - English.)

We had some visitors over from the UK last summer and they insisted I took them to Ramsay St!! It's just a normal residential Melbourne St - but sure enough, there was the Robinson's, Mrs Mangle's, Madge & Harold's. I was quite disappointed tho not to see one of the residents just popping next door with an 'extra' casserole that they'd made!!

Anyone know where the other old Aussie soaps were filmed? (Sons and Daughters, the Cedar Tree, etc)

I remember watching the sullivans whilst staying at my Grandma's over the summer holidays many many many years ago. Sons and Daughters was another one from my childhood with the nasty Patricia who is now in Home and Away.

Sad really

Claire
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:18 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Home and Away is filmed along at South Sydney coast (I think near Macquarie Lake) but no doubt someone has the exact location The p[lace I want to go is where they filmed Blue Heelers

home and away is filmed at Palm Beach, I think its north sydney, but i may be wrong! I celebrated my 28th birthday with a day out up there. I was staying with australian friends, and they had taken me to a party the night before so we all had hideous hangovers! We sat on the beach eating squid and fries from a chippy (or whatever they are called in oz!) fabulous time!!!

what was that hospital soap called? it was only about 10 years ago, but the set was from the 70's! kipper ties and flares!!

sue
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:30 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

home and away is filmed at Palm Beach, I think its north sydney, but i may be wrong![QUOTE]

yip thats it palm beach - mainly shoot the episodes at the weekend.You can pop up and watch the filming(from a distance)
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins

what was that hospital soap called? it was only about 10 years ago, but the set was from the 70's! kipper ties and flares!!
Young Doctors???

Here's a website that'll bring back some memories...

http://www.classicaussiesoaps.com

Nicola.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I think A Country Practice had doctors and nurses in it. I remember watching that in the 80s.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Akaubear
Here's a website that'll bring back some memories...

http://www.classicaussiesoaps.com

Nicola.

Excellent!! Just had a look - The Sullivans looks so familiar now. Wonder if there is any sound on that site - I need to hear theme tunes!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:51 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Excellent!! Just had a look - The Sullivans looks so familiar now. Wonder if there is any sound on that site - I need to hear theme tunes!!
God this thread has brought back some memories! My mum used to watch all of these when i was a kid, an i can remember bits of some of them...like the theme tune to sons and daughters !

I also have a vivid memory of that big grundy crystal rolling towards me.....
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Smile What about this one?

Anybody ever watch All Saints?? Australian medical drama.

Bidd
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I used to love The Sullivans and early Cell block H of course that is a classic.

Flying Docotrs that guy that left Neighbours flew the plane- what was his name??
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tinaj
I used to love The Sullivans and early Cell block H of course that is a classic.

Flying Docotrs that guy that left Neighbours flew the plane- what was his name??
Shane - Peter O'Brien

ANyone watch MacCleod's Daughters? I've never seen an episode but I see the trailers every week - and Aussie's tell us Eastenders is depressing!! Every trailer has some drama about someone about to die!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

That's the one!! Peter O 'Brian.

Treid watching Mc Daughters and I only managed to get through half an episode before I turned over, even the scenery couldn't keep me interested!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

E-street was GREAT!

I also like Prisoner (is that even Australian?)...
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:14 am
Badge

Ok - I've named dropped this before:

I'll ask my Cousin about Home and Away, location shoots.

She was in it from c 1985-1995 but got the chop as she was "over exposed".

She never played any main characters - just waitresses, police, nurses, secretaries...the people that interacted with the cast.

I've seen the "best" on video and there's one where she is in the front of the shot typing and that old geezer (Reg?) is having one of his fits. "Flamin hell". As blinking doesn't show up in close, she had to flutter her eyelids like mad all day for the take.

She was also in Muriel's Wedding, the famous "The Spaceships have landed" Ansett Advert in the 1990s.

badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.