Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suitcases ready by front door for tomorrow !

Suitcases ready by front door for tomorrow !

Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default Suitcases ready by front door for tomorrow !

We are finally off in the morning. A little bit scary for a while, as Birmingham airport had decided to strike tomorrow, but decided to call it off on Thursday. It has been a strange week. No real time to feel excited or scared, but not sure how well I will sleep tonight.

Some hard goodbyes, some goodbyes that I can't really remember and a good chance to scrub out a couple of Xmas card only entries from our address book !

To all of you waiting, be patient, your day will come and then you will wonder how on earth it all happened so fast ! To those of you already there, we will be in touch to get all the gen on what on earth we do when we get there.

One thing I have noticed throughout this whole experience is that I can only concentrate on one thing at a time, ie selling the house, then sending our furniture, then leaving work, then leaving school, then parties and leaving do's, then paperwork, ........................... Haven't given a thought to what will happen when we get there !!!!!!!! anyway, night night
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

leezo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suitcases ready by front door for tomorrow !

So long as you have Passports, Tickets & money, sod the rest, have a good flight & good luck in your new life down under.

Mrs Leezo

Originally Posted by Izzy
We are finally off in the morning. A little bit scary for a while, as Birmingham airport had decided to strike tomorrow, but decided to call it off on Thursday. It has been a strange week. No real time to feel excited or scared, but not sure how well I will sleep tonight.

Some hard goodbyes, some goodbyes that I can't really remember and a good chance to scrub out a couple of Xmas card only entries from our address book !

To all of you waiting, be patient, your day will come and then you will wonder how on earth it all happened so fast ! To those of you already there, we will be in touch to get all the gen on what on earth we do when we get there.

One thing I have noticed throughout this whole experience is that I can only concentrate on one thing at a time, ie selling the house, then sending our furniture, then leaving work, then leaving school, then parties and leaving do's, then paperwork, ........................... Haven't given a thought to what will happen when we get there !!!!!!!! anyway, night night
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:56 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

All the very best, and enjoy every minute of it.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Night night??? You mean your actually gonna be able to sleep tonite??!!!!
All the best to you, and your new life down under.
I have to say, I feel exactlt the same. Feel like everthing is organised this end,but not that end! :scared: I hink they just call it nerves You'll be fine.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:01 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:44 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Suitcases ready by front door for tomorrow !

Blimey lady - -i'm like that already and we are no-where near to going!!!!!

Have a good and safe trip and chill when you get there - - take your own advice - -concentrate on one thing at a time - -it will all fall into place.

Enjoy living the dream. Have a beer or two Enjoy the sunshine - - don't gloat too much (how cold is it here??) :scared:

Keep in touch

Much love

xRachx
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone - I got to sleep eventually but it still doesn't feel real yet. Can't wait to see the sun though. Speak to you all soon!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Good luck
jacqui
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

coast101 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone - I got to sleep eventually but it still doesn't feel real yet. Can't wait to see the sun though. Speak to you all soon!
The sun is shining here today waiting for your arrival.

Have a safe trip
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:20 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

hello there

just enjoy the moment and be positive im sure you will enjoy your stay in oz...at least you wont face the snow !!!. All the best and tell us how you are getting on when you land in the land downunder.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Des
hello there

just enjoy the moment and be positive im sure you will enjoy your stay in oz...at least you wont face the snow !!!. All the best and tell us how you are getting on when you land in the land downunder.

The snow delayed us by 2 hours so we nearly missed our connection at Dubai ! Greeted by 32 degrees and sun, so worth the pain. The goodbye to my Dad at the airport was just awful and my daughter aged 8 sobbed and sobbed. Mixed feelings now we're here, but I think the jetlag makes it feel a bit worse. But I feel that it will come together for us over here, we are making slow but steady progress. We have opened our bank accounts, set up our internet connection and been to see some houses and think we have found one we like - we have walked on the beach to watch the sun set and watched a rainbow over a marina at 5.30 this morning, despite there being no rain ! Just like a typical day in England really !
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:33 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Good onya guys. Have a great trip over.

Paul.