Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suitable OZ State for IT professionals(.NET)

Suitable OZ State for IT professionals(.NET)

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future
Default Suitable OZ State for IT professionals(.NET)

Hello Guys.
I am intended to apply for General Skilled Migration visa (175). I want to choose the australian state where I should relocate after granting PR.

I am an IT Professional having expertise on .NET, C#/VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL SERVER.. etc. I would like to choose the state which is more suitable regarding IT jobs availability, benefits, salaries, living expenses, savings etc...

Guys please tell me your experiences/opinions.

Thanks...
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suitable OZ State for IT professionals(.NET)

For IT jobs its...

1) Sydney
2) Melbourne

3,4,5 Have far fewer IT opportunities and I wouldn't even want to rank them, maybe someone else will, I'd be interested myself.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by umair
Hello Guys.
I am intended to apply for General Skilled Migration visa (175). I want to choose the australian state where I should relocate after granting PR.

I am an IT Professional having expertise on .NET, C#/VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL SERVER.. etc. I would like to choose the state which is more suitable regarding IT jobs availability, benefits, salaries, living expenses, savings etc...

Thanks...
1-NSW(Sydney)
2-VIC(Melbourne)
3-QLD(Brisbane)
4-WA(Perth)
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Thank you guys for the opinions.
I heard that sydney is expensive then mel?

Thanks..
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Guys.

Thanks...
Why don't you post this thread in the Australia forum too as you may get a wider audience and response
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

kokay28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you add the link of that specific Australian Forum
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kokay28
Can you add the link of that specific Australian Forum
Here ya go http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Suitable OZ State for IT professionals(.NET)

Hello Guys.

Thanks...
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilson01
Why don't you post this thread in the Australia forum too as you may get a wider audience and response
Has Posted
Now lets see the opinions

Thanks..
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:39 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Has Posted
Now lets see the opinions

Thanks..
According to my knowledge Sydney is best choice due to following reasons
• Enormous number of IT jobs but more competition as well.
• Expensive but one can manage in shared accommodation.
• Near to Canberra, so have opportunity to apply there as well. A friend of mine recently visited home, he got job in Canberra but he is citizen as well.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Guys.

Thanks...
You'd get a job in any of the cities, but I'd say Melbourne or Sydney jus' cos I can.

Edited to say: The better - and I mean perfect your oral English, the better. It matters in IT development. It's hard enough doing it in English at times.

There will be an opportunity for you regardless.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Feb 4th 2010 at 9:49 am.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You'd get a job in any of the cities, but I'd say Melbourne or Sydney jus' cos I can.

Edited to say: The better - and I mean perfect your oral English, the better. It matters in IT development. It's hard enough doing it in English at times.

There will be an opportunity for you regardless.
Thanks..
So by considering every factor which one is more suitable melbourne or sydney?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks..
So by considering every factor which one is more suitable melbourne or sydney?
No idea....some would say Melbourne - some Sydney depending on area.

But you know what, I say much of that is bollocks. There are jobs.

I'd say Melbourne - salaries are only a bit lower, and housing cheaper. PM me when you arrive on shore and maybe I can help you.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
No idea....some would say Melbourne - some Sydney depending on area.

But you know what, I say much of that is bollocks. There are jobs.

I'd say Melbourne - salaries are only a bit lower, and housing cheaper. PM me when you arrive on shore and maybe I can help you.
Is it reasonable enough to come without a job offer in hand? I have 7 years of .Net exp. and have worked in London for a couple of years in the investment banking domain. what are the chances? shall i assume to get some work within 1 month of my arrival there? How much shall i carry along to survive myself initially?

thanks in advance for the replies.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozmania
Is it reasonable enough to come without a job offer in hand? I have 7 years of .Net exp. and have worked in London for a couple of years in the investment banking domain. what are the chances? shall i assume to get some work within 1 month of my arrival there? How much shall i carry along to survive myself initially?

thanks in advance for the replies.
Hi ozmania,
May I know where are u from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.