Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suggestions of where to live in Sydney

Suggestions of where to live in Sydney

Old Sep 7th 2012, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Hammy10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions of where to live in Sydney

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to live in Sydney? I've recently been offered a position near Auburn, and looking for an area to rent which is commutable, nice to live but not ridiculously overpriced. I've recently moved from the UK and my fiancee is from Australia but we are living in QLD at the minute so havent a clue where to look. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suggestions of where to live in Sydney

All depends on what type of living you want(beach, price you want to pay etc) and how long you are willing to commute for. Auburn is quite rough even by Western Sydney standards but its very easily accessible from anywhere by train as its on the main western line. Apart from any of the beachside suburbs that is which I am starting to think are the least accessible suburbs in Australia.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 10:54 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions of where to live in Sydney

They tell me Wooloomooloo is quite pleasant.