Reload this Page >

Subvention in studying in private school

Subvention in studying in private school

Old May 17th 2004, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

ifriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subvention in studying in private school

Dear ALL,

Last month, there was a expo about studying in Australian in my home town. The speaker has mentioned that there is a subvention from government whom is studying in private school if you are PR in Oz.

Can anyone give me more information about this kind of matter?

Thanks a lot!
Old May 17th 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Subvention in studying in private school

Originally posted by ifriend
Dear ALL,

Last month, there was a expo about studying in Australian in my home town. The speaker has mentioned that there is a subvention from government whom is studying in private school if you are PR in Oz.

Thanks a lot!
Never heard of any subsidy to send your kids to private schools in Oz whether you a a PR or a citizen - I know there is a visa class where you dont get free state care!

The schools I saw in Sydney cost from $5000 to $15000 p.a.
Old May 18th 2004, 12:34 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Subvention in studying in private school

Dear ALL,

Thanks a lot!
Following on from Jimbo9's post, some private schools start at around $2,000 per year, mainly the Christian link ones, and the Catholic ones can be even cheaper.

I'm not sure what "subvention" means, so I can't help with that, but i'll go and look it up now

Old May 18th 2004, 1:12 am
ABCDiamond

Now that I have found out what it means, here is a link to a web site that gives info on Private School fundings:

http://www.isca.edu.au/html/updates.htm

From the info I have seen there, I can understand why the government is happy for private schools to be getting more popular.

For each child in a State school, the government funds almost $9,000.

Whereas for those in Private education they only contribute around $5,000.

Old May 18th 2004, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

ifriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subsidy of school fee in independant school

Does it means the funding is for the schools, not for the students? i.e. we still need to pay the higher school fee if we study in private school?

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Now that I have found out what it means, here is a link to a web site that gives info on Private School fundings:

http://www.isca.edu.au/html/updates.htm

From the info I have seen there, I can understand why the government is happy for private schools to be getting more popular.

For each child in a State school, the government funds almost $9,000.

Whereas for those in Private education they only contribute around $5,000.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:52 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subsidy of school fee in independant school

Does it means the funding is for the schools, not for the students? i.e. we still need to pay the higher school fee if we study in private school?
Yes the fee are still payable in private schools regardless of government funding.

Government schools will also have 'fee' structures - contributions towards costs, these do range in amount based on area and level of schooling, we are currently paying approx $500 a year for government high school for one child and another to join next year.

Cheers