Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

suburbs in perth - advice please!

suburbs in perth - advice please!

Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:59 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: suburbs in perth - advice please!

Originally Posted by Weebie
Perhaps I generalise poorly for instance Mandurah has some real classy areas. The reality is that some of these areas do have issues that unless someone is willing to tell them then they won't find out.
oh no you definately do generalise - a lot. After all didn`t you previously call Mandurah a slum?

Last edited by gobbyjock; Jan 28th 2011 at 7:01 am. Reason: Im too grumpy for my own good
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree, Scarborough and the suburbs around it are overrated and overpriced IMO. No decent bars or restaurants down there either IMO.
Scarborough, City Beach, Wembley Downs, Doubleview, Trigg, Karrinyup, North Beach and Carine are "overrated and overpriced" . Oh dear, where's the "green with envy" emoticon?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
I agree, Scarborough has seemed to retain it's bogan element over the years especially on Sunday. It used to have a massive bogan sunday session down at the white sands hotel and the lookout hahahah good times. Torch Bar is really good nice new joint there.
I haven't been there for years. When I was a teenager a girl I worked with at the races had a flat there. We would work at the races, then go to the Overflow to see another workmates band perform, then back to Scarborough. We used to climb through a hole in her back fence and through the construction site of the hotel and onto the beach. You could hear the drag racing and the bottles smashing all night.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:41 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I haven't been there for years. When I was a teenager a girl I worked with at the races had a flat there. We would work at the races, then go to the Overflow to see another workmates band perform, then back to Scarborough. We used to climb through a hole in her back fence and through the construction site of the hotel and onto the beach. You could hear the drag racing and the bottles smashing all night.
Oh those were the days!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Oh those were the days!
They were.......East Perth was a nice cheap place to stay, full of grungy art students. We'd have dinner parties at the Cemetery, take photos in the old deserted warehouses, walk over the the condemned Swan Brewery for more photos. Look at the city now - all pretty and new and boring as bat poo.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:55 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
They were.......East Perth was a nice cheap place to stay, full of grungy art students. We'd have dinner parties at the Cemetery, take photos in the old deserted warehouses, walk over the the condemned Swan Brewery for more photos. Look at the city now - all pretty and new and boring as bat poo.
I know what you mean. I was a youngster about town in the late 80's and remember the brewery deserted. Northbridge was safe and fun!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Scarborough, City Beach, Wembley Downs, Doubleview, Trigg, Karrinyup, North Beach and Carine are "overrated and overpriced" . Oh dear, where's the "green with envy" emoticon?
No green with envy here 'helen'

Doubleview, Trigg and Karrinyup are overrated IMO.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I know what you mean. I was a youngster about town in the late 80's and remember the brewery deserted. Northbridge was safe and fun!
Yes, it certainly was a fun city to grow up in in those days. My kids actually love Perth too and would love to go live there again (they spent eight months there in 2008). I like to go back there for six months at a time, and then leave again. If I was extremely wealthy and could afford to live where I wanted to live and get out for holidays at least a couple of times a year I'd probably go back.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

No green with envy here 'helen'

Doubleview, Trigg and Karrinyup are overrated IMO.
But have you ever lived in them? They have been long-standing desirable suburbs for Perthites. Unfortunately, a lot of UK migrants can't afford to buy there or in other suburbs closer in. Some people just don't like living near the beach or the CBD and head for the hills, each to their own.

So City Beach, Wembley Downs, North Beach and Carine weren't included in your statement about "Scarborough and the suburbs around it"? On what grounds?

I don't know why keep making comments about my username, we can call ourselves what we like on here. Is your real name northernbird?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
But have you ever lived in them? They have been long-standing desirable suburbs for Perthites. Unfortunately, a lot of UK migrants can't afford to buy there or in other suburbs closer in. Some people just don't like living near the beach or the CBD and head for the hills, each to their own.

So City Beach, Wembley Downs, North Beach and Carine weren't included in your statement about "Scarborough and the suburbs around it"? On what grounds?

I don't know why keep making comments about my username, we can call ourselves what we like on here. Is your real name northernbird?
I lived in Sorrento when I first moved over. We wanted to stay around that area when we bought. We looked at plenty in Trigg, Carine and North Beach and although we could have afforded them they did need a lot of work and my husband, god love him, isn't a DIY man. I have heard you moan constantly about lack of facilities and services where you are. So my house may only be worth $700k compared to your $1m+ but I know which suburb offers me better amenities. It is all about finding where suits you best rather than picking somewhere to be liked by others.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do. You belittle suburbs and the people that live in the ones you don't deem acceptable. I have friends that on paper are millionaires. Not once have they looked down on me because of where I choose to live. They are my friends because they like me based on me not on my material worth. Anyone who does that has no breeding.
BUT DARLING... You lives in a posh area innit????

karen looks down on Helen who looks down on NB and weebie looks down on everyone.. Eddie looks up to NB

TALK ABOUT THE TWO BLOODY RONNIES!!!! Was it the two ronnies? Feel more like monty bleedin python..

NB... Doesn't matter where youse lives, I still luvs yer
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by eddie007

karen looks down on Helen who looks down on NB and weebie looks down on everyone.. Eddie looks up to NB

TALK ABOUT THE TWO BLOODY RONNIES!!!! Was it the two ronnies? Feel more like monty bleedin python..

But you see it isn't posh, it is one suburb away from the pikey pommy enclave of Costa del Joondy. NB loves Eddie too
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

But you see it isn't posh, it is one suburb away from the pikey pommy enclave of Costa del Joondy. NB loves Eddie too
OMFG HERESY ALERT.... Did you just call a northern burb a pikey pommy enclave?????

Surely those comments should be reserved for us plebs sarf of the river, beyond the pail in shockingham
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

OMFG HERESY ALERT.... Did you just call a northern burb a pikey pommy enclave?????

Surely those comments should be reserved for us plebs sarf of the river, beyond the pail in shockingham
I sure did my lovely, everybody knows Joondalup is a pikey pommy enclave. I have to go and do the annual sports shoe shopping this morning, I have raided my wardrobe for my finest Everton shirt which I shall wear with some baggy shell suit bottoms. I will be class man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.