Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suburbs of Mandurah

Suburbs of Mandurah

Old May 5th 2007, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

The greenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Suburbs of Mandurah

We are a young family (2 year old and one in the oven due august) currently in Qld and will be heading to WA later on this year. We have been looking at Mandurah and secret harbour, my husband is coming over early June to do a recky and check out the areas. I was hoping to get some info on better suburbs to suit our needs for him to have a look at, no point checking out places which won't suit us.
Our current place where we live is driving distance from everywhere including parks, beach and shops. I can't really walk anywhere with the pushchair as we have no footpaths it's all along main roads! and once we have the new baby it will be nice if we can take the pram and walk places instead of having to drive everywhere. We don't really mind about driving to the beach but would be nice to be able to nip to the park or the shops without loading up the car. Also woud be nice to know what goes on for the younger members of our family in the area. Our daughter currently goes to an ABC daycare which I would be keen to carry on in WA and she also goes to swimming classes which we will keep up to. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

The greenz.
Old May 6th 2007, 2:39 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Suburbs of Mandurah

Originally Posted by The greenz
We are a young family (2 year old and one in the oven due august) currently in Qld and will be heading to WA later on this year. We have been looking at Mandurah and secret harbour, my husband is coming over early June to do a recky and check out the areas. I was hoping to get some info on better suburbs to suit our needs for him to have a look at, no point checking out places which won't suit us.
Our current place where we live is driving distance from everywhere including parks, beach and shops. I can't really walk anywhere with the pushchair as we have no footpaths it's all along main roads! and once we have the new baby it will be nice if we can take the pram and walk places instead of having to drive everywhere. We don't really mind about driving to the beach but would be nice to be able to nip to the park or the shops without loading up the car. Also woud be nice to know what goes on for the younger members of our family in the area. Our daughter currently goes to an ABC daycare which I would be keen to carry on in WA and she also goes to swimming classes which we will keep up to. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

The greenz.
Hi, we are in Rockingham, there is plenty of parks around Mandurah and it is easy to walk around, Secret Harbour has only just got a shopping centre and the bus service is not crash hot there, but it is a popular place. New houses going up everywhere. What does your other half do,as work opps are a bit limited in Mandurah, but it depends on what he does, we should have the rail line up and running sooner rather than later (LOL) as it has been delayed yet again...not enough workers...But that will be great for getting into the city when it does open. One word of warning though, Secret Harbour is not a kiddy beach, it is a surf beach and there are loads of rescues all the time so be careful with the kids there.. Good luck, Suzette.
Old May 6th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Hubby is a boily (boilermaker) by trade but is maybe looking to get back on the hod or to do labouring on building sites again he did it for a while back home and loved it, he wants out of the smelly workshops and breathing in poisonous fumes all day!
Old May 6th 2007, 3:23 am

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hubby is a boily (boilermaker) by trade but is maybe looking to get back on the hod or to do labouring on building sites again he did it for a while back home and loved it, he wants out of the smelly workshops and breathing in poisonous fumes all day!
Hi, on the Kwinana industrial strip, he can make a few thousand a week on the shutdowns...Not bad for breathing poisonous fumes all day, it isnt as if you have to do it...
Old May 6th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Halls Head - I walk to the school, shops, parks and beach (we have a lagoon) from where I live. There is also an ABC Centre too. The leisure centre in Mandurah offers swimming lessons and is only a 10 min drive. Plenty of building sites around too.

Secret Harbour is lovely but very new so facilities are limited at the moment. Apparently plans are in place for 13,000 houses on the opposite side of SH too so, in time there are bound to be a lot more facilities around. It doesn't have a train station though.
Old May 6th 2007, 5:49 am
Just Joined

would be interested to find out a bit more about the shutdown work, whats the name of the local papers round there?
Old May 6th 2007, 5:59 am

would be interested to find out a bit more about the shutdown work, whats the name of the local papers round there?
Weekend Courier and Sound (mental block), but there are agencies that deal with the big companies shutdowns, Alcoa, BP, BHP, Westfarmers gas CSBP just to name a few...Suzette