Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suburbs To Live In Queensland

Suburbs To Live In Queensland

Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Suburbs To Live In Queensland

We are thinking of moving to Queensland Gold coast,Brisbane I would like to be no further that 30-45 mins beach or City.
2 boys 17-12.
Like a newer home,whats the stamp duty like over there?
Any info would be helpful.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:21 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburbs To Live In Queensland

Originally Posted by shade8
We are thinking of moving to Queensland Gold coast,Brisbane I would like to be no further that 30-45 mins beach or City.
2 boys 17-12.
Like a newer home,whats the stamp duty like over there?
Any info would be helpful.
try www.realestate.com.au

or www.ourbrisbane.com.au

brisbane is a river city and the beaches nearby are like mudflats.

gold coast beches long and straight like miami
sunshine coastline a bit more rocky and coves in places

do a search on this forum with the search bar at the top of page, you will read and find more info tha you can shake a stick at it you trawl old threads.

Unless you post your absolite ideal of a house and area then only you can decide as one mans meat is another mans poison.

Get over there and have a good look when you are there. it took us a few days to dash from brissie to byron to noosa via all the suburbs.

you may like one street over the next one in the same village.

As a future tip: say all of what you want and people may be able to answer you more. No body knows you so how can they throw you suggestions. You may like rural or a windmill and loads of bars or nne for miles etc etc.

dont live too far out if your lads are that age, they will be bored sh1tle55 in a pacific pines type place purpose built lovely estates that are deathly silent boring places for teenagers AND young adults(18-21) IMO.

alk
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suburbs To Live In Queensland

You would have most of the Gold coast to choose from for getting to Brisbane and a lot closer to the beach. A lot of new development on the coast so plenty or areas to choose for a new house. I say its best to get here and then decide where you may want to live. Stamp duty i can't remember but in the region of 5%. Other people would be able to give a better view of Brisbane than me. Good luck. Quill.