Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suburbs if working in Archerfield (Brisbane)

Suburbs if working in Archerfield (Brisbane)

Old May 7th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

direct2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the rough
Default Suburbs if working in Archerfield (Brisbane)

Hi

Please suggest names of good suburbs close to Archerfield but not too far from CBD.
Looking for apartment/ townhouse, just a couple with no kids, so we not concernd about being close to schools etc.
Appreciate any advice.
Old May 7th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Suburbs if working in Archerfield (Brisbane)

I work with a company in Archerfield and they all seem to live Indooroopilly, Kenmore, chapel Hill, Brookfield etc (going in order from the city).

St Lucia can be nice.

These are a reasonable commute but nice areas. I used to live in Chapel Hill and found it a bit far from the city (although its not there is only one road in).

KPorte used to live and Jindalee and that is another area that is reasonable to commute to Archerfield
Old May 7th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Actually you could just live in Southbank. I think I probably would
Old May 8th 2010, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

direct2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by odyssey
I work with a company in Archerfield and they all seem to live Indooroopilly, Kenmore, chapel Hill, Brookfield etc (going in order from the city).
Aren't these suburbs north of the river? I've been advised to stay on the "south side" to avoid traffic crossing the river.

Is there a train going all the way to Archerfield?
Old May 8th 2010, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by direct2dubai
Aren't these suburbs north of the river? I've been advised to stay on the "south side" to avoid traffic crossing the river.

Is there a train going all the way to Archerfield?
That is good general advice but crossing the river at Indooroopilly heading south is usually ok as you are against the peak hour traffic.

Can you tell us more about the type of suburb you want, do you want value or any budget etc....
Old May 8th 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

no train....
Old May 8th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

As mentioned the suburb should be close to CBD and also close enough to work, so the commute is not too long.
As Odyssey mentioned there is no train, so I will have to drive to work.
We looking at 2 b/room spacious apartment or townhouse for around $400-450 pw.
We are a young couple in early 30's.
Old May 9th 2010, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The advice you got on EW was from Queensland girls, I think the list we all gave you was pretty extensive and good advice.
Old May 9th 2010, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Some examples:

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...+end-404511218
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...+end-404432018
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...oint-404160307
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...hill-401779404
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...bane-404492057
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...onga-404521694
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...bane-404548676
Old May 9th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kim67
The advice you got on EW was from Queensland girls, I think the list we all gave you was pretty extensive and good advice.
Didn't know that I was limited to getting my info on EW!
Thanks to the Queensland girls for their advice....it was much appreciated and useful. I'm still in search for an area and won;t hurt to get insight from more ppl and also other expats in Oz
Old May 9th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nice of you to post the links. I've sent messages to a few of the agents. Thanks
Old May 10th 2010, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by direct2dubai
Didn't know that I was limited to getting my info on EW!
Thanks to the Queensland girls for their advice....it was much appreciated and useful. I'm still in search for an area and won;t hurt to get insight from more ppl and also other expats in Oz
Didn't say you were limited to EW - just letting you know that the info you got there was probably better than the suburbs suggested on here so far.