Reload this Page >

Suburbs to avoid in Melbourne

Suburbs to avoid in Melbourne

Old Feb 3rd 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Suburbs to avoid in Melbourne

Hi all

Any idea of the places to avoid in Melbourne and it's suburbs please?

Cheers

smiths2
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Tove is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not an expert, I've only lived in Melbourne for a year. (Not currently living there - going back in 2 weeks.) Generally the north-western suburbs are considered worse and the south-eastern are more posh. Rental prices are a good indicator. Check out www.realestate.com.au - excellent site for both rental accommodation and property for sale.

When are you moving? My boyfriend and I will go there on the 19th of February. We're also wondering where to live - we're hoping to find something in Carlton, South Yarra, North Melbourne, East Melbourne or Richmond. Those are all good places and very central. To find out about a new area our idea is to drive there late at night - then you can see for yourself. Might sound a bit crazy but is probably a good indicator.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Tove
Old Feb 5th 2003, 3:38 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I recommend the Rosanna - Heidelberg area and suburbs nearby. Good schools good health care nearby and nice people gold courses abound with good links to Melbourne centre
:lecture:
Old Feb 5th 2003, 4:54 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yafm

We are moving on 19th Feb to View Bank which is in between Rosanna and Heildlerg, Lovely areas, beaut houses!!!

See you there

Simone
Old Feb 5th 2003, 5:35 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

You are right Beaut area We only visit as we have 14 friends we met 12 years ago in Bangkok. We are hoping to move to Bargo just south of Campbelltown NSW. another beaut area but very different - more out in the sticks!

Enjoy Melbourne

Yvonne
Old Feb 6th 2003, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

daler is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just moved into a brand new renovated 2 bed apartment in a quiet street in Bentleigh (SE suburbs) with my fiance. We are 5 mins from the station, 5 mins drive from the beach, 20 mins from the city. Paying 220 dollars per week rent. This wouldnt be a bad spot to buy (we are renting for 12 months)

Cheers

Dale
Old Feb 7th 2003, 1:15 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburbs to avoid in Melbourne

Originally posted by smiths2
Hi all

Any idea of the places to avoid in Melbourne and it's suburbs please?

Cheers

smiths2
Looking at the Age paper I would avoid Melbourne.

A WOMAN has been stabbed several times in an altercation in Melbourne's city centre.

Police said the woman was apparently stabbed by a man outside an office building near the corner of Bourke and Church Streets about 8am (AEDT).

An ambulance spokesman said the 30-year-old woman had received about four stab wounds to the shoulder, face and chest, and was taken to hospital.

Three Melbourne men today pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the murder of a man whose body was chopped into a dozen pieces and dumped in wheelie bins.

The severed arm of 34-year-old Edward Joseph Gutkowski was found protruding from a pile of rubbish at the Brooklyn tip in Melbourne's west 18 months ago.

Stephen James Walker, 36, pleaded guilty to murder, his friend Dennis John De Bono, 44, pleaded guilty to manslaughter, and 25-year-old Michael Thomas Conci, pleaded guilty to impeding the subsequent investigation.

The Victorian Supreme Court today heard arson charges stemming from a fire which burnt down the victim's Yarraville house could also be laid.

Mr Gutkowski was killed after an argument about drugs on June 5, 2001, and his body was cut into 12 pieces, police have alleged.

Old Feb 7th 2003, 9:02 am
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks PB

We like Melbourne, no we love it!!!

But just a thought...

OAP lady stabbed in home for £20 QUID...London

Jogger murdered in London park for no reason..

Postman stabbed to death on his round....Up north

boy of 12 stabbed to death in school playground....London

This is all down to us humans - no matter where we live!!!!

looking forward to your next post, keep us smiling!!

Ta simone

Old Feb 7th 2003, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Looking at the Age paper I would avoid Melbourne.

A WOMAN has been stabbed several times in an altercation in Melbourne's city centre.

Police said the woman was apparently stabbed by a man outside an office building near the corner of Bourke and Church Streets about 8am (AEDT).

An ambulance spokesman said the 30-year-old woman had received about four stab wounds to the shoulder, face and chest, and was taken to hospital.

Three Melbourne men today pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the murder of a man whose body was chopped into a dozen pieces and dumped in wheelie bins.

The severed arm of 34-year-old Edward Joseph Gutkowski was found protruding from a pile of rubbish at the Brooklyn tip in Melbourne's west 18 months ago.

Stephen James Walker, 36, pleaded guilty to murder, his friend Dennis John De Bono, 44, pleaded guilty to manslaughter, and 25-year-old Michael Thomas Conci, pleaded guilty to impeding the subsequent investigation.

The Victorian Supreme Court today heard arson charges stemming from a fire which burnt down the victim's Yarraville house could also be laid.

Mr Gutkowski was killed after an argument about drugs on June 5, 2001, and his body was cut into 12 pieces, police have alleged.

Your life and opinion seem to be based completely on new articles, do you ever go out and meet real folk or LIVE in the community..
News papers are about their idea of news, so they are hardly likely to be filled with all the nice, good, neighbourly stuff that happens … only a fool would base their opinion of a place on what they read in a newspaper.
Old Feb 7th 2003, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

[Looking at the Age paper I would avoid Melbourne.

PB!
Dont u think these things happen in the UK.
Well i hate to spoil your true blue feelings of the UK
but they do!

I know there are different opinions to living in aussie
as an emigrant, but every one of your posts are anti-aussie
Why the heck dont they send u home on the first plane!!
Old Feb 7th 2003, 2:38 pm
too busy to work members

Thumbs down

WE DON'T WANT HIM BACK HE WINGES TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
Old Feb 10th 2003, 12:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lace
PB!
Dont u think these things happen in the UK.
Well i hate to spoil your true blue feelings of the UK
but they do!

I know there are different opinions to living in aussie
as an emigrant, but every one of your posts are anti-aussie
Why the heck dont they send u home on the first plane!!

Me anit- Aussie no way no more than an Aussie is anti-Pom in fact less , I quite like dumb animals .
You are right about the UK the wheelie bins there are full of peoples limbs , its all them NHS cut backs.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 10th 2003 at 5:21 am.
Old Feb 10th 2003, 12:49 am
Banned

Originally posted by yafm
WE DON'T WANT HIM BACK HE WINGES TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

I am a true Pom its my birth right but well behind the sad dreamers on the way , god help the Aussies the poor sods have enough to put up with now.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 10th 2003 at 5:20 am.