Suburbs to avoid in Briz??

Suburbs to avoid in Briz??

Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Suburbs to avoid in Briz??

Guys,
How r u all?
A bit of advice required, me and my better half have been in Sydney since the middle of June and are moving up to Brizzy in the next couple of months.
Ideally we'd like to live within about 25k radius of the city and preferably as close to the coast as possible. Can anyone give us advice as to which suburbs to avoid as we are pretty unfamiliar with the area and as we are only late 20's we don't want to be too isolated or end up in any "Rough areas".
We will be looking at renting at first but would like to buy a 4 bed house in the near future. Will probably be able to spend $400K - $500k at the very most. Is this realistic for a good area that isnt too far away from some action. Areas we have been considering initially are Wynumm, Manly, Thorneside, Birkdale, Carindale, Capalaba, Tingalpa, Cleveland, Wellington point, hamilton, boondall, zilmere, taigum, chermside, deagon, baldhills, bracken ridge plus the surrounding burbs. We would be willing to live further away from the city if necessary,
Any advice guys as we are flying up on saturday to sort out a rental accommodation.

Cheers in advance,

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburbs to avoid in Briz??

Most of the suburbs you mention are good. Do a search under MrsDagboy. She is regularly giving suburb advice. Also have a look at this forum:

http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...php?act=SC&c=1

It is just for folks in the Bayside area although a few of us pitch camp every now and then but not heading there. There is loads of suburb info. You might find MrsDagboy there as well

Good luck with the move.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice

How about Ormeau? A northern Gold Coast suburb? There is a train station as well seeing petrol is getting pricey! $1.30 next week!!

http://goldcoastrealestate.info/for_...lts-ormeau.asp. Houses are within your price range here and there are many rentals available. Close by is Coomera where a large shopping centre will be built next year.

I have just sent out a newsletter to my mail list with Ormeau being the profiled area. Happy to send you a copy so you can see the stats.

Col
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

bump!!!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:54 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

not that it looks like you are considering it, but stay away from woodridge, inala and darra.

not just my comments, just a general concensus from my work colleagues.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
How r u all?
A bit of advice required, me and my better half have been in Sydney since the middle of June and are moving up to Brizzy in the next couple of months.
Ideally we'd like to live within about 25k radius of the city and preferably as close to the coast as possible. Can anyone give us advice as to which suburbs to avoid as we are pretty unfamiliar with the area and as we are only late 20's we don't want to be too isolated or end up in any "Rough areas".
We will be looking at renting at first but would like to buy a 4 bed house in the near future. Will probably be able to spend $400K - $500k at the very most. Is this realistic for a good area that isnt too far away from some action. Areas we have been considering initially are Wynumm, Manly, Thorneside, Birkdale, Carindale, Capalaba, Tingalpa, Cleveland, Wellington point, hamilton, boondall, zilmere, taigum, chermside, deagon, baldhills, bracken ridge plus the surrounding burbs. We would be willing to live further away from the city if necessary,
Any advice guys as we are flying up on saturday to sort out a rental accommodation.

Cheers in advance,

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
Oh boy, you've covered some territory there.
You're lifestyle needs are going to play into this. As with nearly all suburbs in Brisbane there can be good areas and not as desirable.

Depending on your requirements Hamilton, Cleveland, Manly, Wellington Point & Carindale would be the more expensive suburbs.

Thorneside, Birkdale, Capalaba, Tingalpa, , Boondall, Zilmere, Taigum, Chermside, Deagon, Baldhills, Bracken Ridge have older housing stock although there are newish infill estates in these suburbs.

Comes down to size, transport to work, general environment and what your expectations are.
A buyer's market at the moment so you could do well.

Good luck

WW
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:01 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Depending on your requirements Hamilton, Cleveland, Manly, Wellington Point & Carindale would be the more expensive suburbs.
I'd stick Hamilton in to a different category, say "Ultra Expensive", when compared to Cleveland, and the others
Hamilton: current median house price being $776,000,
Cleveland: current median house price being $406,000 and even
Manly: current median house price being $368,000

Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:07 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by goldcoastrealestate
How about Ormeau? A northern Gold Coast suburb? There is a train station as well seeing petrol is getting pricey! $1.30 next week!!
That's a big jump !! Here in Cleveland it's about $1.08 at the moment.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I'd stick Hamilton in to a different category, say "Ultra Expensive", when compared to Cleveland, and the others
I dont disagree about Hamilton, the problem is this median house price thingy. If 20 demolition delights are sold in one month then the median goes down. If say Bulimba has say 30 of Mirvac's million dollar waterfront homes sold then the median goes through the roof even though there may be affordable houses available there.

The market is still full of vendors with high price expectations when the buyers have plenty of choice.

WW
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Suburbs to avoid in Briz??

Guys,
All this advice is great stuff please keep it coming,
much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:47 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

That's a big jump !! Here in Cleveland it's about $1.08 at the moment.

Just hopped up to $122.8 at Kawana :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Just hopped up to $122.8 at Kawana :scared:
and it's now $1.19 here :scared:

But there was a place in Wynnum at $1.09 at 2pm

Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:54 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

and it's now $1.19 here :scared:

But there was a place in Wynnum at $1.09 at 2pm

I'll be filling up in the sticks, around Gunalda on my way home tonight, hopefully it'll still be 1.09 ish there....
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:01 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning to move to LOTA, what are house prices like in this area ?

I have relatives who live there and would like to move to the same area as they rate it highly...
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Brisben
I am planning to move to LOTA, what are house prices like in this area ?

I have relatives who live there and would like to move to the same area as they rate it highly...
Here is a link to houses for sale in Lota to give you an idea. Lota property

The actual median prices is $368,000, but I noticed that it has the same postcode as Manly, so that figure combines the two. I think that Lota is a bit cheaper.

The median prices quoted are different to the "average" prices, which include the unusual sales that create abnormal figures.

eg: The Manly area "average" price is $420,000, but when adjusted for abnormal sales it comes down to the "median" figure of $368,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.