Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suburbs Around Ballarat

Suburbs Around Ballarat

Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:37 am
Just Joined

tricky333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suburbs Around Ballarat

After nearly being stitched up in the Gold Coast with an over priced investment property (used the 5 day cooling of period to get out) my wife and I have decided to invest closer to home.

Anybody any thoughts on Ballarat VIC and surrounding suburbs good for investing.

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburbs Around Ballarat

Originally Posted by tricky333
After nearly being stitched up in the Gold Coast with an over priced investment property (used the 5 day cooling of period to get out) my wife and I have decided to invest closer to home.

Anybody any thoughts on Ballarat VIC and surrounding suburbs good for investing.

Thanks
For investment properties near Ballarat I would suggest somewhere in Alfredton would be good. Its not too far from the university and there has been a lot of development in the area.

Please PM me for any more info
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburbs Around Ballarat

My rellies have property with acreage out by Mt Rowan and closer to town there are some nice bgger blocks in the Invermay region. Alfredton has some nice homes but is a bit "estate"ish with all the new builds IMHO. The older bits of Alfredton arent so bad (up by Gillies St). Alfredton is good too for Ballarat HS as the zoned HS and it generally has one of the best reputations.

Some of the old miners places off Sturt are pretty good real estate too - we stayed in one as a holiday cottage and I suspect if you are in it for investment that would be a reasonable option- it looks to be quite a sustainable business.

So I guess it all depends on what you want to do with it by way of investment and how much input you want to have to make to manage it.