Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

suburb of greenwood perth

suburb of greenwood perth

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Question suburb of greenwood perth

hi there could anybody advise us on the suburb of greenwood in perth ? what are the schools like? what is it like to live there? is it a family orientated place and so on. any advise would be gratefully received thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: suburb of greenwood perth

Old but respectable. Schooling is pretty much as every other suburb - shite

Has it's own rail station (Approx. 15-20 mins from city) which is handy and is not too far from the beaches.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

By the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really nice

Greenwood is a nice suburb.

Hubby lived next to in Kingsley when he was in his teens and went to Greenwood High School. Not the best in the world but not the worst I'm sure, nearby Woodvale High seems to get much better results( i'm not sure but i think you'd have to be in kingsley/woodvale to go there). A surprising number of people he went to school with ended up on drugs or in in prison, but that was over ten years ago.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:35 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
hi there could anybody advise us on the suburb of greenwood in perth ? what are the schools like? what is it like to live there? is it a family orientated place and so on. any advise would be gratefully received thanks in advance.
Dont know anything about it from a schooling perspective, but in my view its one of the most undervalued suburbs around, location is excellent in terms of the City and the Ocean, its close to the freeway and has a train station within walking distance of most of the suburb (parts of the suburb Warwick which adjoins it would be worth considering too)
Its quite an old established suburb not one of the new legoland type ones further north, blocks are generally larger anything from 700-1000sqm quite a few parks dotted around. A lot of the houses are older and generally in need of modernisation/renovation. You can still get a decent place in the low $400k's.
I looked at buying somewhere to renovate about 12mths ago here and did go ahead, prices look to of roughly moved up 20-25%.
I think as time goes by the suburb will gradually get upgraded, ie more and more people will renovate which will have a positive effect on the prices. Due to block sizes and its close proximity to the City I can see over the next 5-10 years it being one of the biggest increasers in value.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Three Legs;4599156]Old but respectable. Schooling is pretty much as every other suburb - shite

Have to disagree................quite a nice suburb.
And also there are some bloody good state schools out there. My youngest has just moved up from Kinross College, which has a fab reputation!!!