Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On the subject of mates

On the subject of mates

Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:39 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default On the subject of mates

Has anyone got one of those "funny" mates who you dont want to tell your plans to until the last minute for fear of what they might do. I have one who when I moved house the last time I convieniently forgot to tell my forwarding address and she found it out regardless through someone she knows who works for the council. Apparently they looked at council tax records on the computer system (this from her very mouth) and gave her my new address. I suffered months of hoax mail and stalking before I agreed to meet her at a local shopping center ... for my own safety ... to pacify her and put a stop to it. I absolutely wont be telling her Im emigrating she would prob ring NZIS and tell them a load of rubbish about me if I did.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

scary:scared: :scared: :scared:

bunny boiler no doubt

arlene
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:48 pm
WBB

Default Re: On the subject of mates

Originally posted by sky
Has anyone got one of those "funny" mates who you dont want to tell your plans to until the last minute for fear of what they might do. I have one who when I moved house the last time I convieniently forgot to tell my forwarding address and she found it out regardless through someone she knows who works for the council. Apparently they looked at council tax records on the computer system (this from her very mouth) and gave her my new address. I suffered months of hoax mail and stalking before I agreed to meet her at a local shopping center ... for my own safety ... to pacify her and put a stop to it. I absolutely wont be telling her Im emigrating she would prob ring NZIS and tell them a load of rubbish about me if I did.

:scared: SpOoky STufF :scared:

i would not be telling her either.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:49 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

So its just me with the weird mate then lol
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, must be the sign on your forhead saying PICK ME

arlene
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:52 pm
sky
Banned

Originally posted by arlene
yep, must be the sign on your forhead saying PICK ME

arlene
God ... hope it fades in NZ
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:49 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I take it this "someone she knows who works for the council" has never heard of the Data Protection Act? They've left themselves wide open (and the council) for some serious damages.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:19 pm
sky
Banned

Originally posted by downunderpom
I take it this "someone she knows who works for the council" has never heard of the Data Protection Act? They've left themselves wide open (and the council) for some serious damages.

When I rang the police for their advise they were willing to arrest her and her husband but I was only asking for advise and thought it could make things a lot worse for me and my family so didnt press charges but you are right that is what they said
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:23 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sky
When I rang the police for their advise they were willing to arrest her and her husband but I was only asking for advise and thought it could make things a lot worse for me and my family so didnt press charges but you are right that is what they said
I was thinking more of the money. You could pay for your trip out here with what they'd have to cough up.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:35 pm
sky
Banned

I was thinking more of the money. You could pay for your trip out here with what they'd have to cough up.
Not worth it ... lol .... No really it is not, I would rather be rid of her completely by cutting ties
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:44 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by sky
Not worth it ... lol .... No really it is not, I would rather be rid of her completely by cutting ties
I was being a little tongue in cheek.

Still, the problem with people like this is that you have to stand up to them, otherwise they pull this sort of crap with other people, because they know that they got away with it before. They also push their victims more and more, because it gives them a power trip, bending the victim to their will.

Well, the police are aware, even if they can't do anything without you pressing charges.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:11 pm
sky
Banned

I was being a little tongue in cheek.

Still, the problem with people like this is that you have to stand up to them, otherwise they pull this sort of crap with other people, because they know that they got away with it before. They also push their victims more and more, because it gives them a power trip, bending the victim to their will.

Well, the police are aware, even if they can't do anything without you pressing charges.
And Ive got every scrap of rubbish she ever posted to me stored away in a big box in the loft ... not worth taking with me but will leave in mums cellar just in case I need it .
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

I'd hate to meet an enemy of yours if you've mates like that:scared: :scared:
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:48 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the subject of mates

Originally posted by sky
Sky ..... are you sure that half way around the world is far enough?!?!? LOL

Seriously, thats scary, I have had one bad friendship, but nothing like that! :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is more a funny story, but it has its spooky overtones......I had a male "friend" about 6-7 years ago, who refused to accept that things were over between us. He has always somehow managed to phone me within 3 weeks of my flying back to the UK after a trip to OZ(without knowing I was even going, never mind when I was due back). Always wanted to meet, so I would pick somewhere neutral.
After my last return in March however I heard nothing.My mate and I talked about it a few times and thought I'd heard the last of it. Then on the night before I was due to emigrate, he left a message for me where I used to work! Saying he had heard I was leaving and could we meet before I left......how the heck did he know! we have no mutual friends or anything. Anyway I sent him a text from Heathrow saying "boarding my flight, back briefly in 2 years, have a nice life" All quiet so far......
Bet he'll find my Aussie number somehow though!

I did have a serious stalker too, about 14 years ago now; after stalking me and scaring me stiff for about a year, he threatened to shoot the guy I was with at the time, and produced a gun into the bargain. Could have been a replica, I don't know. I just dropped a hint to the police Firearms dept and heard no more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.