Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Subiaco Primary School and Perth Modern Senior High School

Subiaco Primary School and Perth Modern Senior High School

Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future
Default Re: Subiaco Primary School and Perth Modern Senior High School

Originally Posted by Amazulu
To see if the cap fits you?
Yes..........since I am one of those who has issues with the system in WA.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
Yes..........since I am one of those who has issues with the system in WA.
Do you? I don't know who you are as you have less that 180 posts. I'll do some research and get back to you to see if the cap fits.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
There will always be people unhappy or happy about their experiences, from living in Australia generally, to the price of bananas, and of course, about education.

This thread asked specific WA questions, asked by people interstate who have no experience or knowledge about WA education. There are people here with that knowledge and experience. Isn't this website about the sharing of experiences and information? Or does it only count if the information agrees with yours?
Why are you taking that attitude? I commented on what people had said in the past. Hove asked what constituted 'loud' I replied. Was what I wrote incorrect? Did I say the people who are unhappy about something were wrong? Did I say that those people aren't allowed their views? Where did I say only my information was valid? I actually stated it was what I'd read, that I didn't have personal experience of WA education. Why you're on a high horse I have no idea but if you like it up there then don't let me stop you getting off, even if there's no reason to be there.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Do you? I don't know who you are as you have less that 180 posts. I'll do some research and get back to you to see if the cap fits.
Yes, there is that comparison between quantity and quality.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why are you taking that attitude? I commented on what people had said in the past. Hove asked what constituted 'loud' I replied. Was what I wrote incorrect? Did I say the people who are unhappy about something were wrong? Did I say that those people aren't allowed their views? Where did I say only my information was valid? I actually stated it was what I'd read, that I didn't have personal experience of WA education. Why you're on a high horse I have no idea but if you like it up there then don't let me stop you getting off, even if there's no reason to be there.
You were having a go at people unhappy with WA education. You were agreeing with Amazulu who was name-calling, as were you. I don't get on horses.

Last edited by HelenTD; Aug 31st 2010 at 1:34 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
As is totally normal, it's the one's who aren't happy with a situation who make far more noise about the situation than those who are happy/satisfied. There will be an argument and the unhappy ones tend to get far more 'loud' and verbose than the happy ones who tend to 'shrug' and say "whatever".

Only you can say if that fits or not.
I like to think that I am polite and reasonable but we will wait for Amazulu to get back to us..........
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

we will wait for Amazulu to get back to us..........
Don't hold your breath..........

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 31st 2010 at 1:46 am.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

You You were agreeing with Amazulu who was name-calling, as were you.
Ease up there, I didn't call anyone names. It was a general comment - unless you think it applies to you..........
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ease up there, I didn't call anyone names. It was a general comment - unless you think it applies to you..........
No, it doesn't apply to me. However, there have been only a small number of people who have posted in this thread, so you have been calling someone on here names.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I like to think that I am polite and reasonable but we will wait for Amazulu to get back to us..........
You are always polite and have genuine concerns about the schooling in your area. There are other people who are nutjobs!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

No, it doesn't apply to me. However, there have been only a small number of people who have posted in this thread, so you have been calling someone on here names.
I was not posting about this thread in particular but rather on BE as a whole. There are a lot of people who have the opinion that the WA system is inferior to the UK but I reckon that is complete and utter bollocks.

If you feel that my comments apply to you then party on.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Ok - we have experienced WA schools (state and private) for the past 3 years and to be honest, it depends on the school and the teachers. If the school is lead by a strong management team, the teachers know their stuff and what is expected of them and the kids do too, then in my eyes you have a successful school. To tar all schools because they are in WA with the same brush is very short-sighted.

I am happy with the schools that the kids are currently in, in fact I am extremely happy with them - yes they are different to what we are used to but that doesn't mean they are not effective and that children are not getting a quality education.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:13 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

In general live in a good suburb = good school. Live in a shit suburb = shit school.

Depends what you want if you want a big house in the outer suburbs with pool car and everything well you may have to sacrafice which school you want.

Of course there are no boundry schools and soem very schools at that but not everyone can get into these.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
In general live in a good suburb = good school. Live in a shit suburb = shit school.
In my opinion, one of the main problems with schools in Perth is that this adage doesn't apply.

This seems to catch out a lot of people who move to Perth, think they are in a swanky suburb, and then realize too late that the schools are full of oiks and there is a massive waiting list for private schools that aren't always that great anyway, and invariably come packaged with God.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:48 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Exile
In my opinion, one of the main problems with schools in Perth is that this adage doesn't apply.

This seems to catch out a lot of people who move to Perth, think they are in a swanky suburb, and then realize too late that the schools are full of oiks and there is a massive waiting list for private schools that aren't always that great anyway, and invariably come packaged with God.
100% spot on.

IF you going to live in the outer burbs or don't have 800k-1 000 000 million to buy a house here then unless your child is academically gifted (which everyone on this forum seems to think their child is) then you'll end up in a rubbish school.

Welcome to Perth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.