Reload this Page >

Subclass 190 - current IT Job Market

Subclass 190 - current IT Job Market

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

edd1eb7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Subclass 190 - current IT Job Market

Hi Everybody,

Newcomer to the forum, so this is my first post.

Just been granted State Nomination for Victoria, and I have started my Visa Application.

Just looking to get an idea of the current IT Job Market in the Melbourne area.

I am a Senior Developer/Solutions Architect with approximately 15 years of experience of the full SDLC. Primarily in the Financial Services Industry.
My key areas over the last 5-10 years has been in C#,C++,ASP.NET, Entity Framework, WCF, SQL Server 2005/2008. Can also do Front End Web using HTML and CSS.

Is there a demand for these in the Melbourne (or surrounding areas)? How long on average is it taking folk to find a job (contract or full time).

Thanks in advance.
Eddie

Last edited by edd1eb7; Jan 23rd 2014 at 2:33 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 190 - current IT Job Market

I would recommend you ask a mod to move your post to the main forum where more people will see it. This is the immigration forum, for questions about visas and fewer people will read it in here.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bermuda. Will Do!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Could a Mod Please move this post to the main forum?
I cant message any of you directly, as I have only posted once.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by edd1eb7; Jan 23rd 2014 at 3:18 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edd1eb7
Could a Mod Please move this post to the main forum?
I cant message any of you directly, as I have only posted once.

Thanks in Advance.
its been done
Can't help with your question though, sorry
Old Jan 24th 2014, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
its been done
Can't help with your question though, sorry
Thanks Pollyana. Much appreciated.

Hopefully someone else will come along with some help on my question.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edd1eb7
Hi Everybody,

Newcomer to the forum, so this is my first post.

Just been granted State Nomination for Victoria, and I have started my Visa Application.

Just looking to get an idea of the current IT Job Market in the Melbourne area.

I am a Senior Developer/Solutions Architect with approximately 15 years of experience of the full SDLC. Primarily in the Financial Services Industry.
My key areas over the last 5-10 years has been in C#,C++,ASP.NET, Entity Framework, WCF, SQL Server 2005/2008. Can also do Front End Web using HTML and CSS.

Is there a demand for these in the Melbourne (or surrounding areas)? How long on average is it taking folk to find a job (contract or full time).

Thanks in advance.
Eddie
Eddie have a look on www.seek.com.au and contact relevant agents to advise you on your specific CV.

What package are you on in the UK?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Eddie have a look on www.seek.com.au and contact relevant agents to advise you on your specific CV.

What package are you on in the UK?
Thanks RedDragon. I'v been looking on Seek, but not finding much in my area of expertise.

I'm a reasonable package at the moment in the UK. Salary (approx £45k), 5% pension, PrivateHealthcare, and Life Assurance.