Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Subclass 139: forced to live in Adelaide?

Subclass 139: forced to live in Adelaide?

Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

dvegmond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 139: forced to live in Adelaide?

Hello!

My partner and I want to apply for a visa under the category Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored (Class BQ, subclass 139).

My aunt has been living in Adelaide for the last 30 years. When we apply under subclass 139, do we have to work and live in Adelaide or can we immediately move to Sydney when we arrive?

Thanks for your answers!

Dennis
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:24 pm
togooff&things

Default Re: Subclass 139: forced to live in Adelaide?

Originally Posted by dvegmond
Hello!

My partner and I want to apply for a visa under the category Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored (Class BQ, subclass 139).

My aunt has been living in Adelaide for the last 30 years. When we apply under subclass 139, do we have to work and live in Adelaide or can we immediately move to Sydney when we arrive?

Thanks for your answers!

Dennis
Hi were on a subclass 139 too. Our sponsors are in Melbourne but we're going to live in Brisbane. It's fine to move where ever you want - just as long as your sponsor lives in the designated area. All the best.

Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:39 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by togooff&things
Hi were on a subclass 139 too. Our sponsors are in Melbourne but we're going to live in Brisbane. It's fine to move where ever you want - just as long as your sponsor lives in the designated area. All the best.

What wrong with Adelaide? Its not such a bad place!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Thanks for your answers!

Dennis
You are free to live wherever u want to!!!!!!!!! My sponsor is in Canberra we are in Yeppoon North of Brissy..............any other questions give me a shout we have just got that visa
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your replies.

I was wondering because I think it is strange to create a subclass which seems to promote living in designated areas, but lets you live anywhere. Why make it easier to get a visa, when people immediately move to Sydney or other popular places?

And ...... there is not wrong with Adelaide, but after a visit last year, I know that I have a good chance of finding a job in Sydney. I am in the advertising business, which is concentrated in Sydney and Melbourne.

Thanks again,
Dennis
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by biggy
You are free to live wherever u want to!!!!!!!!! My sponsor is in Canberra we are in Yeppoon North of Brissy..............any other questions give me a shout we have just got that visa
Congratulations!!
I am starting up the application the coming months, so if any questions come up, I will not hesitate to ask them!
Cheers,
Dennis
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hello!

Thanks for your answers!

Dennis
Dennis

As you know by previous postings you can live anywhere.

We applied under the same category and my aunt also lives in Adelaide. We have decided to move to Melbourne (when we can sell our house). Are you submitting the form yourself or are you going through an agent?

We didn't bother going through an agent and saved a fortune. The good thing is if you get the form right the first time, the response is really quick. We had the visa in 9 weeks and no questions asked.

Good luck.

Hev
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Dennis

We applied under the same category and my aunt also lives in Adelaide. We have decided to move to Melbourne (when we can sell our house). Are you submitting the form yourself or are you going through an agent?

We didn't bother going through an agent and saved a fortune. The good thing is if you get the form right the first time, the response is really quick. We had the visa in 9 weeks and no questions asked.

Good luck.

Hev
Wow, that is fast! And yes, I am trying to apply by myself and save that fortune too. Seems that my biggest hurdle is saving enough money to leave Amsterdam. Maybe I have to wait a bit with apllying, otherwise my visa runs out before I have saved the money.

Thanks for your reply and good luck Melbourne!!
Dennis
Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:19 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Dennis

Good luck.

Hev
Good God! We are going through an agent and so far it has taken us almost 3 years! (had a certificate problem!) STILL - 9 weeks ARGH!