Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suba Diving Clubs in Sydney?

Suba Diving Clubs in Sydney?

Old Aug 21st 2014, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

adamsk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suba Diving Clubs in Sydney?

Hi - I'm moving to Sydney in October for 2 years and am a qualified PADI Divemaster.

I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice on dive clubs out there to join?

I'm not necessarily looking to work (though would consider helping out), more interested in weekend trips as my partner also dives (PADI Advanced).

Thanks!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Sleeker is an unknown quantity at this point

Would love to leave in sydney

Awsome

Yes

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 21st 2014 at 6:15 pm. Reason: Pointless posts merged as probably aimed at just increasing post count
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Neon_Tepee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suba Diving Clubs in Sydney?

Can recommend you look at St George Scuba Club based on the (slightly) south side of Sydney. Google for web site.

I came out from UK three years ago, did the same research ended up joining them as they are a great friendly bunch and very active, shore dives several times a week, boat dives twice a week, overseas and out of state trips and loads of social events every year.

Not affiliated with any shops so PADI / SSI / BSAC all welcome as long as you can dive.

The club has quite a few "working" members so if you want to start working in that field there is some that could help out with contacts I'm sure.

PM me for more info, or just turn up to a club night to see if you like it.

The diving in Sydney is great by the way.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Sydney sub aqua club is a BSAC club although you don't have to be a BSAC member to dive with them. As it's a British based club there are lots of poms, many who come out for just a few years. They meet Wednesday evenings in the 50 knots bar on Hunter Street for a few beers to plan dives and generally gave a chat.

Many of the shops also run free guided shore dives at a weekend. If you have your own kit bring everything except the tank with you (including dry suit if you gave one as is can get chilly in the water at this time of year).
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 11:57 am
Just Joined

adamsk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help spottydog and Neon I will check the clubs out.