Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

stupid question re bbq -

stupid question re bbq -

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default stupid question re bbq -

hi all - i didnt post this on the other threads as i didnt want to hijack them
the house we have just bought has got a built in bbq - it is just like a brick surround with a worktop on it with the bbq sat on top of that -the bbq has really seen better days so i was thinking of replacing it.
i was looking at the bbq galore website earlier & saw they did built in ones - would we have to get one of those or do you think we could get an ordinary one & not put the trolley & legs on it ??? there are a lot of bbq on special at the mo & dont wanna fork out too much on a built in one & find out there is no difference just my luck!
sorry to sound stupid - but thought it would be nice pressie for fathers day , so thats why i am asking you lot & not my husband!!

many thanks

pootle26
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: stupid question re bbq -

[QUOTE=pootle26]hi all - i didnt post this on the other threads as i didnt want to hijack them
the house we have just bought has got a built in bbq - it is just like a brick surround with a worktop on it with the bbq sat on top of that -the bbq has really seen better days so i was thinking of replacing it.
i was looking at the bbq galore website earlier & saw they did built in ones - would we have to get one of those or do you think we could get an ordinary one & not put the trolley & legs on it ??? there are a lot of bbq on special at the mo & dont wanna fork out too much on a built in one & find out there is no difference just my luck!
sorry to sound stupid - but thought it would be nice pressie for fathers day , so thats why i am asking you lot & not my husband!!

not sure of the answer, but copy it across to the other threads! at least has BBQ in title...most hijack posts have bugger all to do with the original thread (although I'm a terrible one for going off at a tangent! )
many thanks
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I cant see any problem with doing that providing the model you choose gives you access underneath to remove the gas bottle for refilling when its empty without having to drag the whole thing out from the brick unit.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: stupid question re bbq -

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi all - i didnt post this on the other threads as i didnt want to hijack them

many thanks

pootle26
If you've already got a brick one, you're onto a winner. Does it have space for a gas bottle, or is it geared towards a home-grown fire? (Ie. you light a fire under the barbie pate/grill and get the stuff cookin'.)

If the barbie plate has seen better days, just replace it with a new one; that's easy enough and will save you a few quid.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi erm yeah there is room for a gas bottle underneath the brick area - there is another area next to it which also has a work top - off to one side there is a huge aluminium cupboard so all in all quite a big preperation / bbq area
i didnt realise that you could replace the plates so that would be an option
i have enclosed pic - not sure if you can see it properly but the big grey thing is the aluminium cupbboard - & to the right of the pic you can see the beginning of the bbq

thanks for your help

pootle 26
Attached Thumbnails stupid question re bbq --patio.jpg  

Last edited by pootle26; Aug 25th 2005 at 8:33 am.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

hi erm yeah there is room for a gas bottle underneath the brick area - there is another area next to it which also has a work top - off to one side there is a huge aluminium cupboard so all in all quite a big preperation / bbq area
i didnt realise that you could replace the plates so that would be an option

i have enclosed pic - not sure if you can see it properly but the big grey thing is the aluminium cupbboard - & to the right of the pic you can see the beginning of the bbq

thanks for your help

pootle 26
Nifty set-up; someone's put a lot of work into that.

Right, well in that case just scruff a new plate from somewhere, and you're away!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

cool
any idea where i would get a new plate ?

would the main bbq shops do em?

many thanks

pootle26
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:06 pm
Fighting my corner

cool
any idea where i would get a new plate ?

would the main bbq shops do em?

many thanks

pootle26
Not sure, mate; never tried. I'd recommend a camping shop, though hardware shops have also been known to sell 'em.

BBQs Galore might also be worth a go.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks
ill have a look around

pootle26
Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
ill have a look around

pootle26
kmart and big w for a new plate
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:29 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by soapy
kmart and big w for a new plate
and Bunnings

Just check the sizes wherever you look, they may make them to fit specific models.

Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

excellent - we are hoping to get to bunnings tomorrow - but son has smashed his ankle into doorframe last night so we ended up the hospital
dont think its broken tho - but he has had it strapped up & has been told to rest it
10yr olds & sitting still on the sofa dont go hand in hand - but hopefully if he rests it today we might be able to go out tomorrow.

many thanks for your help everyone

pootle26