Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stupid question about entry to the UK.

Stupid question about entry to the UK.

Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid question about entry to the UK.

Unfortunatly because I do no absolutly know 100pct the answer to the following. I have to ask the following question on behalf of my Daughter.

She has Dual nationality. A brand new British passport in her hand, even though she has only visited the UK once as an infant. One of her "freinds" has just told her, That in order to gain entry to the UK, even with said BPassport, she has to have a bank Balance of 3,500K (whether thats pounds or dollars I dont know)

I told my Daughter thats B...shiit..... errr is it ?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid question about entry to the UK.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Unfortunatly because I do no absolutly know 100pct the answer to the following. I have to ask the following question on behalf of my Daughter.

She has Dual nationality. A brand new British passport in her hand, even though she has only visited the UK once as an infant. One of her "freinds" has just told her, That in order to gain entry to the UK, even with said BPassport, she has to have a bank Balance of 3,500K (whether thats pounds or dollars I dont know)

I told my Daughter thats B...shiit..... errr is it ?
Yes, it is.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:44 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Complete BS.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Lol

Someone was trying to wind her up I think, I got caught slightly in the crossfire.

I would have gone loopy if i had to sub her any more dosh
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:18 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this only applis to visitors from countries who might not go back. don't know about the amount of money but they have to show some money, proof of accomodation and i think a return ticket. she shouldn't have any probs coming from australia.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:03 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks Lol

Someone was trying to wind her up I think, I got caught slightly in the crossfire.

I would have gone loopy if i had to sub her any more dosh
It sounds like it was a nice try for a little extra spending money for her trip.

CORKER
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
I think this only applis to visitors from countries who might not go back. don't know about the amount of money but they have to show some money, proof of accomodation and i think a return ticket. she shouldn't have any probs coming from australia.
She's got a British passport.

She'll be treated no differently to any other British person who's just returned from their overseas holiday. When was the last time you were asked how much money you had, (or where your return ticket was?) when you arrived back home?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:17 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
She's got a British passport.

She'll be treated no differently to any other British person who's just returned from their overseas holiday. When was the last time you were asked how much money you had, (or where your return ticket was?) when you arrived back home?
forgot about the british passport

but i was trying to explain where her friends might have got their information muddled. sorry and all that
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Our niece went to the UK from Aus with her British Passport and was told she wouldn't be able to go back without her Australian one? This could also have been BS but it's worth checking she has both visas with her.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by louise4
forgot about the british passport

but i was trying to explain where her friends might have got their information muddled. sorry and all that
Yehp I think you are correct Louise

Lol Corker, It did cross my mind.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by flip
Our niece went to the UK from Aus with her British Passport and was told she wouldn't be able to go back without her Australian one? This could also have been BS but it's worth checking she has both visas with her.
That one could actually be true, as the British Passport would not allow her into Australia without a valid RRV.

I've actually wondered about that; if an Australian did leave the country, and came back with just a British passport and an Australian Citizenship certificate, would they be allowed in ?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That one could actually be true, as the British Passport would not allow her into Australia without a valid RRV.

I've actually wondered about that; if an Australian did leave the country, and came back with just a British passport and an Australian Citizenship certificate, would they be allowed in ?

We've actually been a bit slow on the Aussie passport front. It's been approved by the Post office, and on it's way. It may well not get here until she has left. which is a slight worry.

Re your question though ABCD, I bet it would at least result in one hell of a lengthy delay at the airport.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you got to Immigration the answer is yes - after a good talking to - but the more fundamental problem would be persuading an airline to let you board the flight in the first place.

Jeremy
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:48 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

We've actually been a bit slow on the Aussie passport front. It's been approved by the Post office, and on it's way. It may well not get here until she has left. which is a slight worry.
Really, though, she'll need her Australian passport to leave Australia. Although she ought to show her British passport to the airline check-in staff when she checks in for her flight, she will have to show her Australian passport at passport control in order to leave the country. There will be all sorts of hoo-ha otherwise.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:05 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CPW
Really, though, she'll need her Australian passport to leave Australia. Although she ought to show her British passport to the airline check-in staff when she checks in for her flight, she will have to show her Australian passport at passport control in order to leave the country. There will be all sorts of hoo-ha otherwise.
Why should she show her Australian passport to get out of Australia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.