stupid question

Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool stupid question

hi,for all those of you that live near the coast in australia,where do you go for your holidays
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:17 pm
scoobydoo

Default Re: stupid question

Originally Posted by malpjc
hi,for all those of you that live near the coast in australia,where do you go for your holidays

The coast, Australia!!!!!

We have been along the Great Ocean Road recently which was beautiful. Are thinking of exploring the Adelaide area in the future, and want to get back up the East coast and remenicse (?sp) about the old days when we did the backpack stuff! Of course inland there is Ulhuru and lots of desert! and some great towns like Bendigo, and the mountainous areas, like the Blue Mountains etc!

Loads of stuff to explore!

Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year went to Britain and returned via Barcelona, Tokyo and Kyoto. This year I went to the red centre in April and the Whitsundays and North QLD in August. I prefer activity/culture based holidays rather than lying on the beach. I live 5 mins walk from the beach but rarely go sun bathing however I like mucking around in the water, surfing and walking along the coast. Back in Britain I never went on beach holidays.

No idea what the next holiday will be but I won't be going anywhere in summer as I have to save up some holiday time with work. I would love to go back for Xmas in Britain next year but the flights cost a bomb.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:19 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Holidays?
You don't get holidays when you emigrate. Any time off from work is reserved for trips to see the family back in the UK. Beleive me, that's not a holiday.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:28 pm
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Holidays?
You don't get holidays when you emigrate. Any time off from work is reserved for trips to see the family back in the UK. Beleive me, that's not a holiday.

Must admit that our holidays consist of a long weekend if we are lucky! Husbands work doesn't entitle him to a good stretch of time off yet.

Won't be doing the back to UK duty "holiday" for some time!!

Old Sep 9th 2004, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

That's one of the good things about living here. You get more than your fair share of sun and sand on a day-to-day basis so there's no need to 'waste' holiday time by lying around on a beach.

Since we've had the kids we've always tended to do driving/touring or city holidays. Overseas that means Hong Kong, LA/California, New Zealand with the occasional trip back to the UK. Within Australia, we've done Tasmania, Victoria, all over NSW and much of the Queensland coast. We never go away during the summer (why would you want to?) and always take our holidays during the winter. We go skiing quite a bit or go to Queensland for some warm weather.

One day, when the kids are old enough to stay home alone, we'll do the grey army thing and drive right around Australia.