Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stupid I know..but

Stupid I know..but

Old Apr 18th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Stupid I know..but

We bought some really fab house plants.....to make the house more `showy` for when it goes on the market. They are massive big yuccas and palms......I know the answer to this...but is there any chance of us being able to take them???????
Old Apr 18th 2004, 2:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid I know..but

Originally posted by sj oldfield
We bought some really fab house plants.....to make the house more `showy` for when it goes on the market. They are massive big yuccas and palms......I know the answer to this...but is there any chance of us being able to take them???????
No way!! AQIS will definetly not let them in!
They don't even let dirt of shoes in!

And, I don't think they'd survive the 7 week trip anyway!

But, hey, you knew the answer anyway!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you feel I have loads of lovely house plants/cacti and twisted willows and a pond full of fish all have to be left behind the only blessing is that the people buying our house are from the states so they dont have any and are grateful

Regards Sally
Old Apr 18th 2004, 6:13 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Look on the bright side. You will have the pleasure of plant hunting and house titivation when you get to Oz. I love nothing better than planning gardens and homes. I have done it several times and love it.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 6:43 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

You posh bugger

If I had any house plants they would die within 30 mins of being here..... .....don't ask me why........
Old Apr 18th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Nope to the plants - but they will probably have more exotic ones when you get to where you are going - plus you can maybe give them as parting gifts to friends & family (ones that will be able to look after them without killing them that is)

Just a thought.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 6:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You could press them and hide them in a books.
20 sets of the complete encyclopedia Britannica should do it