studying in oz

Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Default studying in oz

Is anyone planning on studying when they get to OZ

I am a primary teacher over here and have decided when I move to oz I want to teach the pre-primary age group. I have done some re-search and have realised you have to have a degree as an early childhood teacher. This means I have a year back at university when I go over there.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat, having to study or re-train.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:04 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: studying in oz

Indeed i will head out to study as well, and at this stage its not looking very cheap... Plenty of over time for me to do before i go
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Indeed i will head out to study as well, and at this stage its not looking very cheap... Plenty of over time for me to do before i go
What are planning to study and where?

I am looking to go to the sunshine coast, so looking at queensland university and university of the sunshine coast
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:13 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

I was looking at them too.

I want to do Law or Science, not decided yet, but they are my prefered fields of study, i am still trying to figure out the budget for all this...

Not a cheap adventure.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:32 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmal
Is anyone planning on studying when they get to OZ

I am a primary teacher over here and have decided when I move to oz I want to teach the pre-primary age group. I have done some re-search and have realised you have to have a degree as an early childhood teacher. This means I have a year back at university when I go over there.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat, having to study or re-train.
We have a reciprocal deal with www.studygoldcoast.com - Don't know if these guys can help but they may be able to point you in the right direction. You can email them at [email protected]

claire
x
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:44 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

What are planning to study and where?

I am looking to go to the sunshine coast, so looking at queensland university and university of the sunshine coast
hey emmal

check out this course - it may help with the info you need...

http://www.usc.edu.au/Students/Handb...Science/ED601/

you can contact the person at the end of the email for more info or if you have specific quesitons - good luck
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking into doing a part-time doctorate and I was very pleasantly surprised to see it is fee-free for PRs as you can get a government scholarship.

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i'm studying over in Aus on a "stewdent" visa at the minute....

if anyone has any questions feel free to PM
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hey emmal

check out this course - it may help with the info you need...

http://www.usc.edu.au/Students/Handb...Science/ED601/

you can contact the person at the end of the email for more info or if you have specific quesitons - good luck
Thanks for this information joeyballantyne, I had found lots of information on QUT but very little on USC as their e-mail didn't work when I tried to gain information

We plan to live in Buderim on the sunshine coast so hopefully USC will be nearer to us. Do you have any idea where the campus is located?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy-G will become famous soon enoughSammy-G will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ebo1608
I'm looking into doing a part-time doctorate and I was very pleasantly surprised to see it is fee-free for PRs as you can get a government scholarship.

Ian
Hi Ian

I'm also considering a PhD when i return to oz (hopefully next year), and was interested to know if you were able to enlighten me any further on the fees situation for PhDs - from trawling through uni websites (considering UQ / Sydney) it did indeed seem to look as though you didn't have to pay fees - but I'm a little baffled as to how this works (i.e. scholarships / processes to secure this...)

If you have any info on this at all I'd be really grateful. Oh btw I have australian citizenship.

Thanks

Sam
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy-G
Hi Ian

I'm also considering a PhD when i return to oz (hopefully next year), and was interested to know if you were able to enlighten me any further on the fees situation for PhDs - from trawling through uni websites (considering UQ / Sydney) it did indeed seem to look as though you didn't have to pay fees - but I'm a little baffled as to how this works (i.e. scholarships / processes to secure this...)

If you have any info on this at all I'd be really grateful. Oh btw I have australian citizenship.

Thanks

Sam
Sam

I'm looking at something business-related and I have been told that the place will be covered by a Gov't RTS grant for the fees part-time (Aussies and PRs). I don't know whether they pay you living expenses for full-time.

I'm talking to Monash and I noticed that other unis offering the DBA do not say RTS is available, so it may be just Group of 8 Unis.

Hardest thing for me at the moment is thinking of the research topic.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:33 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this information joeyballantyne, I had found lots of information on QUT but very little on USC as their e-mail didn't work when I tried to gain information

We plan to live in Buderim on the sunshine coast so hopefully USC will be nearer to us. Do you have any idea where the campus is located?
hey emmal

usc is 10 mins from buderim. check multimap for a good overview - the uni is on sippy downs drive. from buderim just head to chancellor park - via stringybark road, the university is on sippy downs drive so you'll probably go over the sunshine motorway, get to a roundabout with the montessori on the left and the uni in front.

http://www.usc.edu.au/University/Abo...andDirections/

for info on courses contact a program adviser - [email protected] (its a science email address but also covers education etc)

good luck - let me know if you need more info.

you'll love buderim, and the sunshine coast!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am retraining as a primary school teacher at the moment. Are you coming as a PR or on a temp visa? It will make a HUGE difference to your fees. If yu want more infor about my experience then please send me a PM

Rudi
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi

I am retraining as a primary school teacher at the moment. Are you coming as a PR or on a temp visa? It will make a HUGE difference to your fees. If yu want more infor about my experience then please send me a PM

Rudi
I am hopefully going to come as a PR, my visa should be coming through in October and the plan is to get over there as soon as possible.

Am I right in thinking uni starts in February over there?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hey emmal

usc is 10 mins from buderim. check multimap for a good overview - the uni is on sippy downs drive. from buderim just head to chancellor park - via stringybark road, the university is on sippy downs drive so you'll probably go over the sunshine motorway, get to a roundabout with the montessori on the left and the uni in front.

http://www.usc.edu.au/University/Abo...andDirections/

for info on courses contact a program adviser - [email protected] (its a science email address but also covers education etc)

good luck - let me know if you need more info.

you'll love buderim, and the sunshine coast!
Thanks a lot for all the info you have given me joeyballantyne, I have just sent an e-mail using your link and as of yet it has not been returned like the last 10 I sent. Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.