Reload this Page >

Studying in Australia!

Studying in Australia!

Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

sophie1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Studying in Australia!

Hello,

I just have some queries about studying in Australia. I live in the UK and I know to do a midwifery degree here the NHS would pay your fees but obviously Australia does not have the NHS so I was wondering if there is another way to get funded to study there?

Any information on Midwifery degrees in Australia and the funding for them would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Sophie x
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Studying in Australia!

Originally Posted by sophie1989
Hello,

I just have some queries about studying in Australia. I live in the UK and I know to do a midwifery degree here the NHS would pay your fees but obviously Australia does not have the NHS so I was wondering if there is another way to get funded to study there?

Any information on Midwifery degrees in Australia and the funding for them would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Sophie x
Are you meaning coming to Australia on a student visa to study midwifery?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Yes I think so. If that is what I would have to do to study midwifery in Australia!! I literally have no clue about it!

Any info you have would be great x
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think so. If that is what I would have to do to study midwifery in Australia!! I literally have no clue about it!

Any info you have would be great x
you would have massive fees if you could get a student visa in the first place. I am just about to embark on a midwifery degree, I am a citizen but if I didn't qualify for HECS (student loan) I would be up for about $25k for the 4 year degree + books and materials. Seek the advice of an agent, personally I wish I had done this when I lived in the UK so maybe you should bite the bullet and stay where you are and do it there.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

OH MY GOD you are joking! That is so expensive!

Sorry to sound stupid but what is an agent? And how would I get in touch with one?

Thanks again x
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD you are joking! That is so expensive!

Sorry to sound stupid but what is an agent? And how would I get in touch with one?

Thanks again x
https://www.mara.gov.au/Consumer-Inf...n/default.aspx for info on agents and http://www.immi.gov.au/students/ for visa info
Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

To study in Australia you will need to fund it yourself up front. I agree with northernbird, get your qualification at home and then move. Australia will still be here.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

the 25 grand is a reduced price (commonwealth assisted) the same as what a citizen pays (as a HEC`s loan) or a permanent resident has to pay up front. A international student would be expected to pay out double or even 3 times that amount.

Do it in the UK, get the bursary then come over on a permenant visa,