Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Studying for an acting degree in australia!

Studying for an acting degree in australia!

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Question Studying for an acting degree in australia!

ok, here goes cath the witty comments doth cometh!

my son wants to study acting after he has finished his Alevels. the plan was that he would apply to glasgow in the uk and if he gaot a place he would defer for a year, come to aus with us and travel. in that time he was also going to look his options whilst he was there...

ok, right, he tells me a couple of days ago that if he's accepted at glasgow, he will have to start in september 2006 and wont be able to defer for a year.

we've been looking at courses through google in aus but with little luck. the uni courses only study drama and theatrical stuff.

if anyone knows of anywhere i'd be extremly grateful if you could help out.

cheers
debs
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Studying for an acting degree in australia!

Originally Posted by debbiemc

my son wants to study acting after he has finished his Alevels. the plan was that he would apply to glasgow in the uk and if he gaot a place he would defer for a year, come to aus with us and travel. in that time he was also going to look his options whilst he was there...

ok, right, he tells me a couple of days ago that if he's accepted at glasgow, he will have to start in september 2006 and wont be able to defer for a year.

we've been looking at courses through google in aus but with little luck. the uni courses only study drama and theatrical stuff.

cheers
debs
Umm, this may sound obvious, but surely drama/theatrical stuff ARE acting. I do amateur theatre here, and we act as well as singing, and generally performing.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
debs
NIDA in Sydney is the best (Australian equivalent of RADA). Cate Blanchett and Mel Gibson are graduates. Really competitive and extremely difficult to get into though. http://www.nida.unsw.edu.au/
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:14 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
NIDA in Sydney is the best (Australian equivalent of RADA). Cate Blanchett and Mel Gibson are graduates. Really competitive and extremely difficult to get into though. http://www.nida.unsw.edu.au/
Apparently, the entire cast of "Prisoner Cell Block H" also went to that institute...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
many many thanks , k sent

deb
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Umm, this may sound obvious, but surely drama/theatrical stuff ARE acting. I do amateur theatre here, and we act as well as singing, and generally performing.
ummm, no! totally different course!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:21 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I pass by NIDA every day. Seems a real hub of activity and always plenty going on
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Apparently, the entire cast of "Prisoner Cell Block H" also went to that institute...
new there'd be one
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure

my daughter was accepted into Drama college in UK 4 months ago wants to be actress lol

Have enquired in WA about her continuing this chosen career and she would indeed do drama studies
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Maggys daughter here and was accepted into higher theatrical performances/ drama studies.

I want to eventually venture into acting.

Accepted into college 4 months ago in UK then decided to join mum in Oz.

I will apply to college here in Oz and have been informed that the course is very similar to the UK

To be an actor he actully has to study theatrical arts!

Megan
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:57 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
higher theatrical performances/ drama
women hey
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

:scared:
Originally Posted by seang
women hey
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by maggy
Are you sure

my daughter was accepted into Drama college in UK 4 months ago wants to be actress lol

Have enquired in WA about her continuing this chosen career and she would indeed do drama studies
ey up maggy, how are you?

glad to hear you're settled.

no, it definately is a different course. he's studying drama now, and knows that he could study a degree in drama but it is definately acting.

the place in glasgow is RSAMD and does do drama, theatre ,music but they do an undergrad course BA (acting). i've got a couple of leads now so we'll have to see how we get on.

take care

debs
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by seang
women hey
alas, my fellow BE member.....he doth get his talent from his mata!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

ey up maggy, how are you?

glad to hear you're settled.

no, it definately is a different course. he's studying drama now, and knows that he could study a degree in drama but it is definately acting.

the place in glasgow is RSAMD and does do drama, theatre ,music but they do an undergrad course BA (acting). i've got a couple of leads now so we'll have to see how we get on.

take care

debs

Will keep my fingers crossed for him doll.

One of these days we are gonna have famous kids who are gonna take us to the oscars lol

See you there doll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.