Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Study Nursing in Brisbane

Study Nursing in Brisbane

Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default Study Nursing in Brisbane

hi there,

has anyone here done this?

hope someone can point us in the right direction. we just got our Aussie PRs are plan to live in brisbane, my wife would like to study to become a RN Nurse (she has a Business Management degree but she always liked the medical field).

-can anyone recommend a school in brisbane?
-and would you know what the fees would be if we have PR visas?
-assuming it is a 3 year course, are classes 5 days (M-F) a week?
-do they offer any online courses?

sorry for all the newbie questions...

would appreciate any advice...

thanks!!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:31 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study Nursing in Brisbane

try posting the same question HERE
good luck

soapy
oops, just noticed u did
Originally Posted by obiwan
hi there,

has anyone here done this?

hope someone can point us in the right direction. we just got our Aussie PRs are plan to live in brisbane, my wife would like to study to become a RN Nurse (she has a Business Management degree but she always liked the medical field).

-can anyone recommend a school in brisbane?
-and would you know what the fees would be if we have PR visas?
-assuming it is a 3 year course, are classes 5 days (M-F) a week?
-do they offer any online courses?

sorry for all the newbie questions...

would appreciate any advice...

thanks!!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soapy
try posting the same question HERE
good luck

soapy
oops, just noticed u did
LOL...thanks, yes I tried but i figured i would try here too since very few people browse the Nursing Section.

thanks anyway for trying to help
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
LOL...thanks, yes I tried but i figured i would try here too since very few people browse the Nursing Section.

thanks anyway for trying to help
still no replies, maybe they are all too thick on here
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Nursing is a national priority so fees are capped at about $4000 per year for a commonwealth assisted place - you have to apply through a central admission service in Queensland and the courses are 3 years if done full time. Some universites offer part time courses. They all differ in the amount of clinical time v theory and the quality of the clinical placements varies between universities. There is lots of information on each universities website and they actually hold a health expo annually in Queensland in Brisbane about June when all the universities attend and offer information on courses facilities etc.
I know most about the course run at UQ so PM me if you want anymore info
good luck and best wishes
Mary