Student Visa Please Help!!!

Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:51 am
Just Joined

mercedes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Lisa,

I found the forms !!!!!

Is your course an 'Approved Scheme' as far
as paying visa application charges ?
i.e. does that refer to an approved course ?

Thanks

Merc
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi Merc,

My course is a certificate III, and comes under a vet course (vocational education and training) subclass 572, if you look on the london immi site, under student visa's you will see a part about student visa subclasses, this tells you the different student visa's you can get, there are 6 different types. You will be able to tell what yours comes under depending what type of course your doing.

lisa
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Hi Lisa,

Yes, my course is the same sort as yours, same classification etc but does that mean its an 'approved scheme' and nothing to pay as an application charge (according to form 990i)
or does it come under 'all other cases' ?

Thank you ......

Merc
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:21 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mercedes1
Hi Lisa,

Yes, my course is the same sort as yours, same classification etc but does that mean its an 'approved scheme' and nothing to pay as an application charge (according to form 990i)

Thank you ......

Merc
Keep working at it Merc it sounds like your doing well. Just check the nothing to pay bit we thought that and rechecked before we found the fee. But maybe you will be luckier with yours.

Sarah
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sarah,

I do feel I have moved along so far in the last few days just thanks to all of you on this forum.

The wonder of the net!
I just have to make sure I'm on it when I get to Oz !!!!

Do you know where 'Approved Scheme ' is defined ?
Is it the same as 'Approved course ' ?

I don't mind paying the money, but I don't want to be stupid !!

Cheers to all

Merc

I WILL get there in the end !!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:28 am
We arrived november 2004

Originally posted by Banksia
I wonder if London is seeing dollars and saying pounds. There must surely be accurate data at www.immi.gov.au.
Hi

We checked with the uni when daughter had her interview and they sent the confirmation in writting of available finances, the application form for the visa did not stipulate the amount needed.
We queried the amount of finance needed with london but they made it quite clear you cant fund to the amount they state they will not give you the visa so what can you do.

Sarah
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:33 am
We arrived november 2004

Thanks Sarah,

I do feel I have moved along so far in the last few days just thanks to all of you on this forum.

The wonder of the net!
I just have to make sure I'm on it when I get to Oz !!!!

Do you know where 'Approved Scheme ' is defined ?
Is it the same as 'Approved course ' ?

I don't mind paying the money, but I don't want to be stupid !!

Cheers to all

Merc

I WILL get there in the end !!
Sorry Merc I cant help you there but they should be the same.
You could always try emailing immigration but they take along time to apply. The other option is to email TAFE that you want to attend and then you hopefully have a reply by morning.

Sarah
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lisa,

Thank you ......

Merc

Merc,

My course fees in total are $15000.00, and I pay $400.00 for my students visa, I pay $2248.00 for 2 years family cover health insur and $4000.00 per year to put my daughter into school. Then you have to have the amount in the bank they state to keep you and your family per year, think it's about $40000.00 per year something like that. It's expensive!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:54 am
We arrived november 2004

Originally posted by floweroscotland
Merc,

Then you have to have the amount in the bank they state to keep you and your family per year, think it's about $40000.00 per year something like that. It's expensive!!!!
You have hit the nail on the head there 'they state' we had been told one year but they told us it had to be for the entire course which is four years.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Sarah

OK so now at least I know I have to pool all monies together into one account to show enough there for a couple of years !

At which point do I have to show the bank statement ?
At time of applying for the visa or after they have nearly approved it ? (Thats a few weeks apart !)

Merc
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:46 am
We arrived november 2004

Sarah

OK so now at least I know I have to pool all monies together into one account to show enough there for a couple of years !

At which point do I have to show the bank statement ?
At time of applying for the visa or after they have nearly approved it ? (Thats a few weeks apart !)

Merc
Sorry Merc but it is at the time you apply and remember if they up the amount from what you have originally been told you get 49 days to prove you have the rest of the money. You can also only apply for your visa once your place has been confirmed and you have COE so by that time you will have paid half or full year of the course you are undertaking plus health insurance. You can only apply for the visa the maximum of 12 weeks before you leave so check whether you need to have a medical for the course you plan on attending.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Hi Sarah,

Yes of course it helps thanks

Merc
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:37 am
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering. The evidence of funds that need to be shown; do they need to be in an Australian account?

My wife and I are going to bite the bullet and sell our house (putting it on the market in April) to raise funds. We are hoping to raise £30k minimum.

Like FLoweroScotland, my wife will be studying for Certificate III Hairdressing with the hope of finding an employer at the end of the course, that will sponsor her.

The 2 year study rule wouldn't apply for ENS, but I think she might need to apply for the temporary stay visa prior to the ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme).

I know the ENS requires that the employee needs to be classed as "highly skilled" and the company needs to prove it can't fill the role from onshore candidates. However, if the skill is on the Occupation in Demand list (hairdressing is), then the company doesn't need to prove that it can't fill the position from onshore.

What I would like to know though, is whether Hairdressing would fit the "highly skilled" category when trying to gain entry through the ENS?

I, as my wife's dependant, hope to apply for a temporary visa while she studies, allowing me to work full time; also looking into ENS possibilities for myself as my job skills (as I'm aware) are in demand and should also be classed as "highly skilled". It's a case of finding an employer (computer games industry) willing to go through the ENS procedure.

Like I said though, I don't think I will be able to apply for ENS as a dependant on my wife's study visa. I need to find out for sure, about that. I have been informed that it's likely I would need to get a 457 first.

Sheesh, it's all so complicated. Still, I think it's far easier to work with the system when you are onshore in Aus. This is what we'll be doing.

Has anyone got any strong evidence of the amount of funds needed when applying for the student visa?

Have I gone on too much? If so, sorry

Roy
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:59 am
We arrived november 2004

Hi Roy
You do not need to show funds in australian account uk funds are fine.

Just check you might find you can work from wifes student visa. Not sure about that though.

I think you will find hairdressing is in top 5 wanted skills. So maybe lucky there.

Good luck

Sarah
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:07 am
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Sarah

So, there's no point worrying about transferring money about till we are ready to go then. Makes it a bit easier.

As for me working as a dependant. I have the same restrictions I think. I think I am allowed to work up to 20 hours a week, as would be my wife.

However, I believe it IS possible for me to apply for temporary visa (which would allow me to work) while I'm there. Or even apply for my own student visa so I can also study full-time (something I'm considering slightly).

There's a long and winding road ahead, but it's a journey we are both willing to undertake

Good luck right and best wishes back at ya.

Roy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.