student visa

Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road
Default student visa

Hey all

My friend is hoping to get a student visa to study in Cairns. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is for her to get one.

She had hoped to go as a hairdresser, and even though its on the "most wanted list" and she qualified a long time ago and has worked and had references and , and, and etc etc they turned her down.

She is really upset as alkl she has down is wait and be turned down for the last 18 months.

Sorry didnt mean to ramble.

Anyway anyone with any help and advice please reply!!

Racheybabe
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Re: student visa

Hi,

I am looking at going over on a student visa, dont know wether it is going to be easy to get one but am going to give it a go.

Claire
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hey all

My friend is hoping to get a student visa to study in Cairns. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is for her to get one.

She had hoped to go as a hairdresser, and even though its on the "most wanted list" and she qualified a long time ago and has worked and had references and , and, and etc etc they turned her down.

She is really upset as alkl she has down is wait and be turned down for the last 18 months.

Sorry didnt mean to ramble.

Anyway anyone with any help and advice please reply!!

Racheybabe

I know that feeling! waited yonks to hear from the TRA only to have the dreaded 'NO'

I'm goin over to Oz in January hopefully to study. I am going to go for PR after my studies, and if this is the case with your friend, she'll have to study for a min of 2 yrs, obtain a min of a Cert III, and if assessed by the dreaded TRA, from July this year will also need to obtain 900 hours work experince too!

A risky route to PR, and without a doubt no guarantee. Expensive too, so why bother? well if it fails, then I have 2 lovely years in Oz altho would sooner the PR work.

Check out:

http://www.immi.gov.au/study/overview/index.htm

and

http://cricos.detya.gov.au/

Would be a good place to start.

Good luck!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

What are you going to study jim?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by claire33
What are you going to study jim?
Hi Claire, I hope to study Motor Mechanics. It's prob not the best choice as they aparently get paid peanuts in Oz, but I really enjoy playing about with engines and stuff so gonna look for something that I might enjoy for once. I have a very well paid job now, but absolutely hate it, so am thinking of puttin 'job satisfaction' before earning potential for once!

My partner has worked part time since going back to work. She took 8 years out to bring up the children, but has no worries about going back full time when we're in Oz. There'll be restrictions to her, can only work 20 hours per week while I study, but in the long term plan i'm thinking.

Only prob is the course is at The Gold Coast TAFE so might have to rough it there for 2 yrs.

lol