Reload this Page >

Blue card enquiry

Blue card enquiry

Old Aug 14th 2017, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blue card enquiry

Hi!

Since I last posted, I am still waiting for my aitsl assessment to come through for early childhood teacher and I've also applied to ACECQA for their evaluation too.

My query really relates to the blue card, as I have been looking at sponsorship roles as another visa alternative. From what I can gather, this is like the DBS in the UK? has anyone gone through the process of obtaining this who could please tell me when and how I can apply? Also how long does this usually take to get processed? I want to make sure I have covered all bases so I don't lose time in getting anything processed

Also, another general question I have is do I need to register with the QCT (im looking at moving to Queensland), for early years teaching? From what I've seen it says I need to be recognised by ACECQA but it's unclear as to whether I need to be registered with the QCT aswell. Is this just for teachers in schools? The majority of early childhood teacher jobs are in nurseries, centres etc. Again I don't want to have missed anything!

Thank you again in advance your any advice or help give, it is appreciated. I have my IELTS test on Saturday too, so fingers crossed!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blue card enquiry

Originally Posted by Dmorgan07
Hi!

Since I last posted, I am still waiting for my aitsl assessment to come through for early childhood teacher and I've also applied to ACECQA for their evaluation too.

My query really relates to the blue card, as I have been looking at sponsorship roles as another visa alternative. From what I can gather, this is like the DBS in the UK? has anyone gone through the process of obtaining this who could please tell me when and how I can apply? Also how long does this usually take to get processed? I want to make sure I have covered all bases so I don't lose time in getting anything processed

Also, another general question I have is do I need to register with the QCT (im looking at moving to Queensland), for early years teaching? From what I've seen it says I need to be recognised by ACECQA but it's unclear as to whether I need to be registered with the QCT aswell. Is this just for teachers in schools? The majority of early childhood teacher jobs are in nurseries, centres etc. Again I don't want to have missed anything!

Thank you again in advance your any advice or help give, it is appreciated. I have my IELTS test on Saturday too, so fingers crossed!

If you're applying for a Queensland Blue Card for employment purposes you need to wait till you have the job offer. The Blue Card will be linked to your job, you can't do it from the UK beforehand.
www.bluecard.qld.gov.au
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:37 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dmorgan07
Hi!

Best way to get those questions answered directly is to contact qct, I believe they're very good at giving advice.
Contact Us
And yes I agree with previous poster - I have a blue card and it is linked to and approved by your employer, so you'll have to wait until you get here - this is the link:
https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/appl...-for-card.html
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you're applying for a Queensland Blue Card for employment purposes you need to wait till you have the job offer. The Blue Card will be linked to your job, you can't do it from the UK beforehand.
www.bluecard.qld.gov.au

Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense- it is pretty much the same as the UK DBS check then.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
Best way to get those questions answered directly is to contact qct, I believe they're very good at giving advice.
Contact Us
And yes I agree with previous poster - I have a blue card and it is linked to and approved by your employer, so you'll have to wait until you get here - this is the link:
https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/appl...-for-card.html
Thank you that is a good idea to get in touch with QCT, I shall do.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I would call a school and ask them what they need to process a "commencement." That is the paperwork they require to enter a new teacher into their system for employment.

Be careful as in many states and territories, the College of Teachers/Teacher Registration Boards, the Department of Education, and the Working with Children Check/Blue Card agencies are separate and don't overlap very much, so it is very easy to get incorrect information. For instance QCT won't know much about a Blue Card since you don't need one to be registered as a teacher, which is their domain.

The place where it all intersects is the school - they are the ones who know exactly what is needed from all the different agencies.

I think all states have something nearly identical to the Blue Card - in WA it's just called the Working with Children Check, in the NT it is called the Ochre Card.

In some states and territories - like WA - you don't actually need the card to start work, you just need the payment receipt that shows you have applied for it. Then you are allowed to work pending outcome. That is worth asking the school about.

If I remember the checks/cards all need to be applied for when you are in Australia, something about you need an Australian address, but they are reasonable - I had liaised with the office beforehand and it was OK to use a hotel address, so I could apply the day I landed.

One other thing you need to ask about: In some states, in addition to registration and a Blue Card/WWCC, you also need a National Police Check done by the Department of Education's own Screening Unit (they will not accept a National Police Check from you - they have to do it themselves). I can't remember if that's required in Queensland but QCT won't have much information on it, if it is, because you don't need it for registration.

But if you call a school - they will be able to say "you need XYZ from QCT, ABC from the Department, and DEF from WWCC/Blue Card."
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
I would call a school and ask them what they need to process a "commencement." That is the paperwork they require to enter a new teacher into their system for employment.

Be careful as in many states and territories, the College of Teachers/Teacher Registration Boards, the Department of Education, and the Working with Children Check/Blue Card agencies are separate and don't overlap very much, so it is very easy to get incorrect information. For instance QCT won't know much about a Blue Card since you don't need one to be registered as a teacher, which is their domain.

The place where it all intersects is the school - they are the ones who know exactly what is needed from all the different agencies.

I think all states have something nearly identical to the Blue Card - in WA it's just called the Working with Children Check, in the NT it is called the Ochre Card.

In some states and territories - like WA - you don't actually need the card to start work, you just need the payment receipt that shows you have applied for it. Then you are allowed to work pending outcome. That is worth asking the school about.

If I remember the checks/cards all need to be applied for when you are in Australia, something about you need an Australian address, but they are reasonable - I had liaised with the office beforehand and it was OK to use a hotel address, so I could apply the day I landed.

One other thing you need to ask about: In some states, in addition to registration and a Blue Card/WWCC, you also need a National Police Check done by the Department of Education's own Screening Unit (they will not accept a National Police Check from you - they have to do it themselves). I can't remember if that's required in Queensland but QCT won't have much information on it, if it is, because you don't need it for registration.

But if you call a school - they will be able to say "you need XYZ from QCT, ABC from the Department, and DEF from WWCC/Blue Card."
Details for Queensland are also allo the Blue Card website, and they temselves are very helpful. I agree there's little point in going to QCT.

Most states require a signature or other info from the employer before the application can be processed, so its not just needing an Australian address.

Just ensure that the details you check are for the state you will be working in, and don't assume the card wil be valid interstate- some are but usually only on a casual 'visiting for a couple of days' basis.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed. Unfortunately for OP the various information isn't centralised, and can result in a frustrating run-around.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Thank you both for the good advice. You have both at least eased my mind about the blue card that it is usually something you do when you are in offer of employment/ living in Australia. As I am maybe a little far away from actually getting to Australia I will leave that plate for a bit and not set it spinning for now.

With regards to the QCT registration I guess I can contact the setting directly to clear up the confusion. I think what is puzzling me is that I know to work in an Early Childhood setting you have to have been approved by ACECQA (currently in process) but not every job posted says you need to be registered by QCT. I was wondering if it is because the difference is a school/ nursery/daycare. But like you said I'm sure someone will be able to explain to me somewhere!