Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stubbie holder stories

Wikiposts

Stubbie holder stories

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:34 am
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Well....no one ever said the Ettamogah was "up market"!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brisbec
Well....no one ever said the Ettamogah was "up market"!!!

Too right,great place though to crack open a few!!!(stubbies that is!!)
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 2:21 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Not only do they help insulate, they also prevent the condensation dripping off the can all over you when you take a drink (cold can and very hot outside temp=condensation).
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stubbie holder stories

Originally posted by badgersmount
Did anyone bring any home with them when they came back.

I brought back loads. I take them around to friend's houses etc. On the day I met my fiancee at a mates I was in ocker mode - singlet, stubbie - making remarks about the "poofs" on TV bloody hell. She loved it!

Great idea. My favourite is the "Shark Museum" one I got from the Adelaide Rodney Fox museum.

badgers
I got that one! I was lucky enough to see Rodney in the shop, so I got him to sign the naked woman on it!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
I've only got 3 so far, but the Bloke has about 30 I think at home. Lots of touristy places in Oz do them as souvenirs, as do some places like outback pubs, and they really do work and keep the beer cold.
We've got around 40 of the bl**dy things. We decided it would be a great idea to collect them. Whilst doing a driving holiday around the Grampians, Ballarat, Renmark etc. we went crazy and bought one in every shop/pub we went into. We've resorted to fridge magnets now, but our fridge is starting to get a bit crowded..... maybe we should just stick to photos.

Another great thing about stubbie holders, apart from the temperature factor, is the when you're all drinking the same beer you can tell whose is whose (rather like those naff things that you put on the stem of a wine glass - does anyone really use them?).