Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stubbie holder stories

Stubbie holder stories

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:21 pm
Badge

Default Stubbie holder stories

Did anyone bring any home with them when they came back.

I brought back loads. I take them around to friend's houses etc. On the day I met my fiancee at a mates I was in ocker mode - singlet, stubbie - making remarks about the "poofs" on TV bloody hell. She loved it!

Great idea. My favourite is the "Shark Museum" one I got from the Adelaide Rodney Fox museum.

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:23 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stubbie holder stories

Originally posted by badgersmount

I brought back loads. I take them around to friend's houses etc. On the day I met my fiancee at a mates I was in ocker mode - singlet, stubbie - making remarks about the "poofs" on TV bloody hell. She loved it!

Great idea. My favourite is the "Shark Museum" one I got from the Adelaide Rodney Fox museum.

badgers
Now this has got to be the worse attempt at post building i've ever seen

Only got one.....a crows(afl) one. Black with a (you guessed it...) crow on it!

The wife would'nt let me buy a catskin one
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

badgers
Can you post a piccy so I can have a peek? (Not seen one before, ahhhhhhhh...)
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:30 pm
Badge

Originally posted by Larissa
Can you post a piccy so I can have a peek? (Not seen one before, ahhhhhhhh...)
ok
Attached Thumbnails Stubbie holder stories-stubbie.jpg  

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've only got 3 so far, but the Bloke has about 30 I think at home. Lots of touristy places in Oz do them as souvenirs, as do some places like outback pubs, and they really do work and keep the beer cold. Lots of people actually take them when they go and visit friends so they can use them when offered a beer, and I've got used to stuffing 2 in my bag whenever we go out in Brissie!Trouble is if you bring them back here as pressies and give them to British friends, they haven't a clue what to do with them!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:42 pm
Badge

I was flumoxed when I was first presented with one, I have to admit!!

the real hard-nosed pros cut the bottom off them and stick em round their gear shift..also helps maintain stability on a table..

they also keep ya hands warmer when you're drinking out on the sun deck at 1am in your winter coat..

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

ok

I wondered what they were. Thought they were willy warmers for well-endowed Aussie men

I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it just a plastic cup?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:06 pm
WBB

Originally posted by young_lad
they are made of polystyrene i think, they do work very well though.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:06 pm
WBB

Originally posted by young_lad
they are made of polystyrene i think, they do work very well though.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:07 pm
WBB

s**t didnt mean to do that....oh well

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, they're not plastic, some sort of cloth. Not sure what the material is but it insulates and keeps the heat or the cold in. Put a cold beer (stubby) into one and it will stay cold much longer than otherwise. Also means you can hold it for longer without your hand freezing!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:02 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

I've got the obligatory "Australia" stubbie holder made of that cloth stuff, but i've also got a solid one with a polystyrene inner from The Ettamogah Pub in Queensland.

Also got a really nice ettamogah shot glass too!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brisbec
I've got the obligatory "Australia" stubbie holder made of that cloth stuff, but i've also got a solid one with a polystyrene inner from The Ettamogah Pub in Queensland.

Also got a really nice ettamogah shot glass too!!!!

I've got an Etamogah ashtray!!!!
Managed to collect a fair few stubbie holders when people forget to take them home after a party! Favourite one has to be Brisbane Lions in the shape of a singlet with "weefi" on the back
V sad but true.
Worst one has to be "I'm not bald,its a solar panel to drive this sex machine":scared:
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 9:29 pm
Badge

neoprene - practically ther same material as a wetsuit..I think..

polystyrene for cheapo ones..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.