British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Stroppy teenagers wanted ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stroppy-teenagers-wanted-110953/)

abergas Aug 25th 2002 3:26 pm

Stroppy teenagers wanted !

Any body got any stroppy teenagers that want to chat to
our two stroppy teenage boys, as they are bored silly with all this waiting and are getting on my T--s !!!:zzz:

micky Aug 25th 2002 4:33 pm

Re: Stroppy teenagers wanted !

Originally posted by abergas:
our two stroppy teenage boys, as they are bored silly with all this waiting and are getting on my T--s !!!:zzz:
What ages are the boys. I've got a 14 year old daughter who is adamant she's not going to Perth.
She's always on msn. Do your boys chat on this too?
It would be good if they could swap chat on migrating.
Shona x

abergas Aug 25th 2002 4:58 pm

Hi shona,
shi--b-g opps sorry steve is 14 and danny is 12.
steve is always on msn as well but they both carn't wait till
we get the house with pool !!! how shallow !!
When did you apply ?
cul8tr
Dave & Yve

Sandra Aug 25th 2002 5:17 pm

Hi shona,
shi--b-g opps sorry steve is 14 and danny is 12.
steve is always on msn as well but they both carn't wait till
we get the house with pool !!! how shallow !!
steves email (dont ask, he's got a thing about cruella and he's mad about cars !
Danny's email is undergoing a change as he had a lot of
"undisirable stuff" on his.
When did you apply ?
cul8tr
Dave & Yve
Hi there, just a hint - don't post you email address on formums put something like panter(removetheobvious)athotmail etc - removes the chance of getting daft things - most of us sensible people can get the message- sent by the silly sods looking for spam mail opportunities. I have a 12 year old going on 30! It will work out - email me via the online access.
Cheers

Sandra Aug 25th 2002 5:21 pm

Originally posted by Sandra:

Hi there, just a hint - don't post you email address on formums put something like panter(removetheobvious)athotmail etc - removes the chance of getting daft things - most of us sensible people can get the message- sent by the silly sods looking for spam mail opportunities. I have a 12 year old going on 30! It will work out - email me via the online access.
Cheers
Forgot to say you can remove by editing your message the previous entered email address - sorry if I am being over cautious but viruses are a bugger as are unwanted messages especially for teenagers -
:lecture: finished and lots of :D

micky Aug 25th 2002 5:36 pm

Hi Dave & Yve,
sent you a private message.
Shona xx

ywoods Aug 25th 2002 6:28 pm

Hiya Yve...

Weird,,, I think I have the weirdest child that strolls this earth!!! He is 15 and is so calm about going, he does not really talk about it til I say to him (like abotu 20 mins ago) 'only 20 days Tone' and he says slightly animated 'wow is that all we have'... so on the lines of stroppy I cant help ya, plus he is too busy playing renegade over the internet to even start to entertain talking to people!!!!! Tho I have to say, today he was seriously HOLLERED at when he was being less than co-operative when I was packing.. hmmm anyone else with teenagers having this problem? I think, infact I KNOW I am not alone in this!

Yvonne :)

20 days til we leave, 22 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Jacqui Aug 26th 2002 4:11 am

I guess stroppy teenagers is another reason for migrating as soon as you get the visa and not waiting five years. Our kids are aged 7, 9 and 11 and we have had no hassles with them at all. I am so glad we made the move straightaway, before they hit puberty, thereby avoiding the problems you're all getting. The kids have been so chilled out about the whole process. They were so excited about going, they couldn't understand why the rellies kept getting so upset. A month before the "big day" they put a countdown calendar up on the wall and tore off a page each day. They got a little choked up on their last day at school, but that was all quickly forgotten. They were really excited the day we left for the airport, and have been really enjoying themselves ever since. Ok, so they get a bit bored when we're out shopping, house-hunting etc. and they don't have many toys as we're waiting for our container, but my advice is: if possible, make the move while the kids are still young!