Streuth!

Old May 1st 2004, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Streuth!

According to this article, Aussies are amongst the worlds hardest workers:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/24by7pa...name_page.html
Old May 1st 2004, 9:32 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Streuth!

Originally posted by debsy
According to this article, Aussies are amongst the worlds hardest workers:

Your link didn't work for me, and I can't work out why. The link below did work, but is exactly the same as yours

Old May 1st 2004, 9:34 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Yours didn't work for me either ABC
Old May 1st 2004, 9:38 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Is this it?Hard working Aussies
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by artep
Heres what it said:
Streuth! - Aussies among world's hardest workers 02:39, May 1 2004

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Forget the image of the laid-back Aussie lifestyle, Australians now work more hours than Americans or Japanese and rank as the hardest-working people in the developed world, according to a new book.

The reputation of heavy drinking Australians is also debunked by figures showing alcohol consumption has dropped dramatically since 1980 and the country now guzzles below average amounts of wine and beer.

"Australians are now the hardest workers in the developed world. Hard to believe, but true," Ross Gittins, co-author of the book "How Australia Compares", wrote in the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper on Saturday.

Australia was measured up by the authors against 18 developed countries including the United States, Japan, Britain, Ireland, Canada and 11 European countries.

Australians now spend on average 1,855 hours in the workplace every year, just topping Americans who work on average 1,835 hours a year and beating Japanese workers' 1,821 hours.

Gittins said the "doubtful honour" of being the hardest working developed nation was partly because of the fact working hours have dropped substantially in most of the countries compared in the survey, but only slipped marginally in Australia, which also has a high percentage of part-time workers.

Laying to rest the popular image of the beer-swilling macho Aussie bloke, the book said Australians consume more "alco-pops" -- sweet, fizzy bottled drinks that contain alcohol -- than any other country in the survey. But they only rank as the seventh-biggest beer drinkers and eighth-biggest wine quaffers.

Compiling a list of facts and figures, the book notes Australia has notched up one of the strongest levels of economic growth, but donates the fourth-lowest level of official foreign aid per person at $54 a year, and has the highest greenhouse gas emissions per capita.

"So, how does Australia compare? The bad news is that, in various respects, we're not the hotshots we imagine ourselves to be. The good news, however, is that in other respects we're not as hopeless as we sometimes assume," the newspaper said.
....is FAB

bugger.....nope didnt work.....doh!
Old May 1st 2004, 9:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by artep
Funny ! It doesn't work for me either, but if i cut and paste direct to the URL address line it works ok.

Old May 1st 2004, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Funny ! It doesn't work for me either, but if i cut and paste direct to the URL address line it works ok.

From what I can see, the reason the link didn't work is because of the way this software (written in php) deals with certain escape characters.

Try this: Mirror

Last edited by MikeStanton; May 1st 2004 at 10:29 am.
Old May 1st 2004, 1:11 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

What's the point of this post?

jib
Old May 1st 2004, 1:16 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib
What's the point of this post?

jib

Whats the point of this post?