British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Stressing times (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stressing-times-546979/)

jomaspirit Jul 5th 2008 8:44 am

Stressing times

Hi my name is Jo and me, my hubby and two children are going from the UK to Perth in 7 days time on the 12th July. Oh its so stressful my house is still full of stuff to be packed. I keep thinking I have missed something important. The worse thing is I am going to Murdoch Uni to be a student and I havent got accommodation yet. I applied for the off campus support and meet and greet (not heard anything) they are on school hols, omg. I am looking for a hotel now lol. You have to laugh or you will cry.:confused:

cazw1405 Jul 5th 2008 9:24 am

Re: Stressing times

Originally Posted by jomaspirit (Post 6536577)
Hi my name is Jo and me, my hubby and two children are going from the UK to Perth in 7 days time on the 12th July. Oh its so stressful my house is still full of stuff to be packed. I keep thinking I have missed something important. The worse thing is I am going to Murdoch Uni to be a student and I havent got accommodation yet. I applied for the off campus support and meet and greet (not heard anything) they are on school hols, omg. I am looking for a hotel now lol. You have to laugh or you will cry.:confused:

Good luck with it all Jo, I am sure all your feelings are normal!! We are leaving UK in September and I am sure as it gets closer I will be freaking out too! At the moment it feels like limbo waiting for it all to kick off!!

Best of luck for the future! Hope its all you want it to be!

Caz :thumbsup:

ann Jul 5th 2008 1:47 pm

Hi Jo, no crying please, take a deep breath a glass of wine or two....! Take a room at a time and box it up. At least you have you hubby to help with thing, organise him then start looking for a meet and greet service. Does the Perth state migration people offer any services?? you will be fine, good luck :thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Jul 5th 2008 8:54 pm

Deep breaths Jo!
You will get there & it is doubtful that you will forget anything of great importance.
Lots of luck & try to chill out a little bit:thumbsup:

ianandhelena Jul 5th 2008 8:56 pm

have you phoned the International Office at Murdoch? +61 3 9627 4809

jomaspirit Jul 5th 2008 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by cazw1405 (Post 6536674)
Good luck with it all Jo, I am sure all your feelings are normal!! We are leaving UK in September and I am sure as it gets closer I will be freaking out too! At the moment it feels like limbo waiting for it all to kick off!!

Best of luck for the future! Hope its all you want it to be!

Caz :thumbsup:

thanks everyone its nice to hear some freindly words. I have stopped the crying too much and trying to get hubby put in his place lol. Today I did one room at a time like one of you said and yes true enough it worked. I tried ringing the international office at Murdoch but I think I am getting time differences wrong. Last time I rang the person who answered talked really fast lol. I will get used to that soon.

noggin Jul 6th 2008 2:29 am

Stress???...wait untill u get here!!