Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stressed and this is only a holiday !!!!!

Stressed and this is only a holiday !!!!!

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:26 am
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Stressed and this is only a holiday !!!!!

well its not going well ... and this is only a holiday to Brisbane :scared: The Big move (if we ever get there .. long story ) should be great fun !!!!!!

we fly on Tuesday morning and so far .. the packing is not going well, not helped by the kids going to their dads and not leaving me any clothes out to pack ( i love teenagers lol).

We tried the online checking with Singapore, the seats on the Singapore to Brisbane look c%&p but there was not better ones ..God know were the kids are sitting as it did not show their seats ...then click back and it kicked me out :scared: Only to tell me we have checked in... but we have no Boarding passers printed off

By this time me and hubby were not talking lol. Not helped by me having a fear of flying, PMT and trying to stop smoking .

Well i feel abit better for getting that out Hope the rest of you are having a good weekend lol

Last edited by Lee Family; Jul 23rd 2006 at 10:33 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:18 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stressed and this is only a holiday !!!!!

Originally Posted by Lee Family
well its not going well ... and this is only a holiday to Brisbane :scared: The Big move (if we ever get there .. long story ) should be great fun !!!!!!

we fly on Tuesday morning and so far .. the packing is not going well, not helped by the kids going to their dads and not leaving me any clothes out to pack ( i love teenagers lol).

We tried the online checking with Singapore, the seats on the Singapore to Brisbane look c%&p but there was not better ones ..God know were the kids are sitting as it did not show their seats ...then click back and it kicked me out :scared: Only to tell me we have checked in... but we have no Boarding passers printed off

By this time me and hubby were not talking lol. Not helped by me having a fear of flying, PMT and trying to stop smoking .

Well i feel abit better for getting that out Hope the rest of you are having a good weekend lol
Just wanted to say that I hope your day got better, that you are now packed and ready to go and that you have a fab holiday

Julie. x
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

I bloody hate packing, I end up checking the bags at least 3 times to make sure it's in there - even when it's been checked off! It does my head in so you have my sympathy.
it will all be worth it once you're on the plane and have a drink in your hand

(the worse part is that you have to come home!)
have a great time.
Deb
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:26 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

By this time me and hubby were not talking lol. Not helped by me having a fear of flying, PMT and trying to stop smoking
He's a Saint. I think when combined these things are grounds for divorce or at the very least injunction!

Calm down and enjoy your holiday. Bring some tracksuit tops and stuff tho. Its bloody cold this winter at nights and in the morning.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure everything will work out fine, but for when you do fly again why not reserve the seats when you book the tickets, that is what my husband does. He always books online direct with Singapore Airlines.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:54 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

God this will be me in about 3 weeks time!! I hate the packing bit, as no one ever bloody helps!! And of course if we reach Oz without something it will be totally my bloody fault!! I have learnt over the years to send Husband OUT, as he makes the whole situation SOOOO much more stressfull by loitering (cant spell that word) while I trying to sort stuff out!!

Sure you will be fine and have a super time, make sure you let us know when you get back how you got on!!!

My god how the "$&%@" did you give up smoking?? I keep saying right I going to try, but it toooooo stressfull!! Will give up when I get there I have decided now!!

Chill out and enjoy (says she that has 3 weeks to go and already snapping at everyone and stressing out about it all!! Hey do what i say not what I do, that is what I hear myself saying constantly to my 7 year old teenager!!!??!?)

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:31 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
He's a Saint. I think when combined these things are grounds for divorce or at the very least injunction!

Calm down and enjoy your holiday. Bring some tracksuit tops and stuff tho. Its bloody cold this winter at nights and in the morning.
Don't know about being a saint maybe a martyr ,Whats its like at night, temperature wise? as we will be walking/staggering back from Hogans to our friends house a few nights i imagine

Jon