Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stressed Hound Aus bound ???

Stressed Hound Aus bound ???

Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Robbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura aboutRobbie Boy has a spectacular aura about
Default Stressed Hound Aus bound ???

After a lot of debate we have decided to take our much loved greyhound with us when we emigrate to Melbourne later in the year.
The main worry about taking him is when travelling he gets stressed even with short journeys in the car. Has anybody else taken a dog of a similar nature and how did cope with the strain of the trip?
A further worry is that he only has 3 legs so he is sure to take a few tumbles along the way.
Does anyone know of any pet shipping company that offers a service where the pets are attended to on the flight?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:56 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stressed Hound Aus bound ???

Originally Posted by Robbie Boy
After a lot of debate we have decided to take our much loved greyhound with us when we emigrate to Melbourne later in the year.
The main worry about taking him is when travelling he gets stressed even with short journeys in the car. Has anybody else taken a dog of a similar nature and how did cope with the strain of the trip?
A further worry is that he only has 3 legs so he is sure to take a few tumbles along the way.
Does anyone know of any pet shipping company that offers a service where the pets are attended to on the flight?

All the dogs on here are the most precious, pampered pooches who are the most important things since sliced bread so DON'T PANIC AND DON'T WORRY! The shippers have seen/heard it all. Your beloved pooch will be fine. Thousands are shipped over every year including mine who is the most stressed out spoilt brat of a dog ever! He eats lobster for breakfast and wears a Dior collar.

We used Golden Arrow shippers and I have to say their service was first class. He arrived stress free and even had water left in his bowl when he landed. Quarantine stations are okay, he was a bit skinner, but to be honest it did him good! No pets are attended to on the flight though?? They are put in a crate and watered when the plane is re-fueled wherever they stop off.
Old May 2nd 2006, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

SCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Please keep us posted, I have three dogs! two lurchers and a weimaraner. 2 stress heads and a wuss. I know it's gonna cost a fortune but couldn't cope if I had to leave them behind.

Good luck with it all.

SCooper
x
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We are taking our bouncy boxer pup who cant usually sit still for 10 mins,
but Im not going without her!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

SCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hilary6
We are taking our bouncy boxer pup who cant usually sit still for 10 mins,
but Im not going without her!!
I'm with you can't leave my pooches behind even though it will cost a fortune and everyone keeps telling me to leave them behind :scared:

SCooper
x