Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stressed + disappointed etc etc

Stressed + disappointed etc etc

Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Stressed + disappointed etc etc

Sorry to post a whiney one, but I feel a bit down and hoped you all wouldn't mind too much.

We have our visas to move out to Oz, but the sale of our house was going nowhere, then after a year on the market there finally was an offer on our house. A cash buyer, who wanted to move quickly. We were really excited and felt like we could move to Oz and get on with our lives. Then the couple had the results of the survey detailing minor damp and other minor problems. It seems like they are getting cold feet. I feel really disappointed that the sale could fall through and we will be stuck here for another year or more waiting on the sale. I feel trapped really and wish there was an easy way out of the situation.

My sister is living in Oz and is waiting on us coming out to join her, so I know she will be disappointed if the sale falls through.

Anyway I will go and watch Emmerdale now.

From Katie
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stressed + disappointed etc etc

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Sorry to post a whiney one, but I feel a bit down and hoped you all wouldn't mind too much.

We have our visas to move out to Oz, but the sale of our house was going nowhere, then after a year on the market there finally was an offer on our house. A cash buyer, who wanted to move quickly. We were really excited and felt like we could move to Oz and get on with our lives. Then the couple had the results of the survey detailing minor damp and other minor problems. It seems like they are getting cold feet. I feel really disappointed that the sale could fall through and we will be stuck here for another year or more waiting on the sale. I feel trapped really and wish there was an easy way out of the situation.

My sister is living in Oz and is waiting on us coming out to join her, so I know she will be disappointed if the sale falls through.

From Katie

Katie

I can honestly say I know how you feel. This is what happened to us, although we hadnt waited a year. I feel really bad that you are having to go through this, but, at this stage the sale isnt totally lost, is it?

Do they know that you are selling with the hopes of moving to Oz? Do you think they are pushing for a reduction in the house price?? Could you give them a couple of £k off just to complete?

These are all things we tried when we had our buyer pull out. Unfortunatly for us, ours did even though we offered. But you never know, it might work for your buyers.

Anyway, no matter what happens, you will get there eventually.....Just remember, Oz isnt going anywhere...at least not in the next few million years...

My thoughts are with you though and I hope it all works out for you and yours, in the end

Hels
xxx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:17 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

From Katie
Hi

Can you not go out and validate till house sells? Would be a shame to lose the visas over your house sale.

Walla
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Katie,
just wanted to say don't lose hope, we had 2 buyers that pulled out before we got our present buyers, the survey showed that we need our roof strenghtening but our buyers want the bungalow so much that they are willing to pay for the work to be done, our sale was put together 4 weeks ago and we are hoping (fingers crossed) to exchange and complete next Friday at the latest as we fly out to Brissie the following Tuesday (7th), i'm sure if its just minor things that the survey shows it won't be a problem.
Best of luck and see you in Brissie soon
Rach x
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:24 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=KatieStar]Sorry to post a whiney one, but I feel a bit down and hoped you all wouldn't mind too much.

Hi Katie,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time, I solved my problem last year by selling my house and moving into rented. It has been a bit expensive mind you but hopefully if and when I hear from Oz I won`t have the worry of selling! Keeping my fingers crossed that we get our visas!

Hope things pick up for you soon

Deb
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much for all your replies.

Hels I definately would offer to drop a couple of £K to sell - I'm sorry your buyer pulled out. I hope you get another one soon.

Walla we have validated our visas, so that is ok.

Thanks again

From Katie
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hels I definately would offer to drop a couple of £K to sell - I'm sorry your buyer pulled out. I hope you get another one soon.

Thanks for that

We were lucky enough to get another buyer the next week, however it was all to close to us leaving for us to have it completed before we leave, but we will do it from Oz. We got some money as a wedding pressie in Oz last year and we kept it in an Oz bank account so we are going home to some money to survive on till the house sale comes through finally.

I am sure things will work out for ya hon, just keep thinking positive thoughts.

Hels
xxx
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:46 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Walla we have validated our visas, so that is ok.

Thanks again

From Katie
Phew one obstacle out the way. We had a bit of bother selling our house so know how you feel. Our house sale is financing our move so we hit panic mode few months back.

Good luck with the sale, fingers crossed for you

Walla