Stress relief!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Stress relief!

Hi guys,

have got loads of great advice on here and am now hoping you can help with practical tips on how to deal with "leaving stress".

We have 6 weeks to go until we depart for Hervey Bay and I can feel the stress beginning to kick in. Had a couple of sleepless nights this week and its only Tuesday!

At times of extraordinary circumstances in the past I have really suffered physically and emotionally from stress but not recognised it until afterwards.

Now at least I can recognise the signs of stress as they start - headaches, sleepless nights, panic, little things being blown out of proportion etc...

So any tips that people can offer to help with the symptoms would be much appreciated.

In normal life I love to laugh and never take myself or life too seriously and I don't want to have no sense of humour for the next 6 weeks.

I always knew the last few weeks would be highly emotional & stressful, that goes without saying for all of us, but some people handle it better than others so would love to hear from those who have learnt to conquer their stress.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:31 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stress relief!

Kelly this is the very worst bit, the last few weeks. You've just got to work through it and it will come right eventually, a bit like mending a broken heart!

This is also the time when you will ask yourselves the most if you are doing the right thing.

We almost pulled out 2 weeks before we flew.

I am so glad we didn't. £1 million would not bring me back to England now. Not that we disliked our lives in England, but everything here is so enjoyable.

Chin up girl.

And give me a ring would you! Before you leave the UK. I'll PM you my number.

Buzzy
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Kelly this is the very worst bit, the last few weeks. You've just got to work through it and it will come right eventually, a bit like mending a broken heart!

This is also the time when you will ask yourselves the most if you are doing the right thing.

We almost pulled out 2 weeks before we flew.

I am so glad we didn't. £1 million would not bring me back to England now. Not that we disliked our lives in England, but everything here is so enjoyable.

Chin up girl.

And give me a ring would you! Before you leave the UK. I'll PM you my number.

Buzzy
What a lovely response!
This is why I like this site so much.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:12 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Now at least I can recognise the signs of stress as they start - headaches, sleepless nights, panic, little things being blown out of proportion etc...

So any tips that people can offer to help with the symptoms would be much appreciated.

but some people handle it better than others so would love to hear from those who have learnt to conquer their stress.
Its not a competition on handling stress - everyone is different so please dont judge yourself on what you see in everyone else.

I find writing down whats bothering you in the form of lists helpful (just dont do it before bed). The benefit then is you have numerous people on BE who in most cases have been through and can answer from experience - always a reassuring thing too hear.

I take it your heading too Melbourne? Plan the first 12 weeks to get your life into a routine and plan a break as a reward - then when things get a little tough focus on the break.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Buzzy, you're a complete star as always. Thanks for making me feel normal! Your story is great example of why I must hang in there.
I haven't got to the stage yet of wanting to pull out of going, but there are just so many pro's and cons going round in my head continually, and "to do" lists.

Geelong Gent, I'm heading to Hervey Bay in Queensland, thanks for the advice about having a "reward" to look forward to. I think thats a very good idea. We've been so focused on just getting jobs in Oz now that their economy has nose dived that treats weren't very high up on our list - but I think it is necessary to reward ourselves with a weekend away somewhere once we have got over the first few weeks in Oz.