Stress!!!!

Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stress!!!!

I know everyone gets stressed with moving, but is there ANYTHING I can do to get through these next couple of weeks and still have my marbles? I can't sleep or eat properly, I feel so emotional and i just don't want to do anything! The fact that I'm still juggling work with migrating isn't helping, but my manager has assured me there is no way in hell I will be able to get time off for 'moving'! I'm not sure whther to see GP to get some guidence (drugs), or go and see Mystic Meg!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stress!!!!

Originally Posted by glittababe
I know everyone gets stressed with moving, but is there ANYTHING I can do to get through these next couple of weeks and still have my marbles? I can't sleep or eat properly, I feel so emotional and i just don't want to do anything! The fact that I'm still juggling work with migrating isn't helping, but my manager has assured me there is no way in hell I will be able to get time off for 'moving'! I'm not sure whther to see GP to get some guidence (drugs), or go and see Mystic Meg!

Go to GP, get a sick note for stress. Problem solved
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I know everyone gets stressed with moving, but is there ANYTHING I can do to get through these next couple of weeks and still have my marbles?
Drink

Sorry, not too helpful. You need a distraction. You can't go on thinking about nothing else but all the organising, etc. Take time out. You probably think you haven't got the time but trust me, take some time to yourself. Go sit in the park or at the beach or anywhere near you where you can be alone for an hour. And don't forget to wrap up warm
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Do a sickie!!! Jo
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:16 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Stress? What does cosmo say is good for stress?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Drink

Sorry, not too helpful. You need a distraction. You can't go on thinking about nothing else but all the organising, etc. Take time out. You probably think you haven't got the time but trust me, take some time to yourself. Go sit in the park or at the beach or anywhere near you where you can be alone for an hour. And don't forget to wrap up warm

ahhh i take it all back mate
Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ahhh i take it all back mate
ahhhhhhhh of course drink! Only I hardly drink! Just been to the storage depot, got some more bubble wrap and tape, then took the kids to Tesco where they misbehaved so much the checkout girl told them off!

Have decided to get in my pj's, snuggle up in bed and watch Carry On Jack!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 1:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Posted something similar in the Barbie. Apparently drink works very well! Hope it eases soon and when you get out there it'll be all worth the stress.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:48 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

rescue remedy hunny..and plenty of it..!!!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had done the moving to Oz thing before, it should be second nature now. There's enough flu bugs going around, hold your nose, put a hanky over your mouth and say you got the flu, don't forget the sound effects of spluttering etc, so that he will be pulling faces his end and not wanting to catch any of your germs. Works well for me....
Old Feb 16th 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I thought you had done the moving to Oz thing before, it should be second nature now. There's enough flu bugs going around, hold your nose, put a hanky over your mouth and say you got the flu, don't forget the sound effects of spluttering etc, so that he will be pulling faces his end and not wanting to catch any of your germs. Works well for me....
well you'd think wouldn't you? I think its because we were fairly chilled out about it, until a week ago when we suddenly realised we hadn't organised anything! Unfortunately when i popped into tescos today i saw my mate from work! Admittedly i looked like a piece of crap, and i told her at the checkout how ill we all were. They play the guilt thing at work which means I won't be able to go sick, i'd feel soooooo bad about it. Maybe a bit of distraction is what I need!
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:12 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

TAKE SOME TIME OUT AND RELAX!!!!

I didn't do this last year and am trying to learn from my mistakes. The stress and anxiety really got to grips with me and we had to delay the move. Its not worth it - relax and put your feet up. I'm back on track now and looking forward to the move.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:05 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hey girl ...... you need some SERIOUS pampering and 'me' time!!!

first thing in the morning, get yourself booked in for a massage, manicure and pedicure.
two days later go get your hair done....it will help get all the bubblewrap shreds outa your hair
two days after that, go for a reflexology session,
two days after that, go to a yoga session.

then... return to the top of the list and go through it all again - a serious need for destressing is needed. with the hairdressers, just go for a head massage and a blow dry....you will need it
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:12 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hey girl ...... you need some SERIOUS pampering and 'me' time!!!

first thing in the morning, get yourself booked in for a massage, manicure and pedicure.
two days later go get your hair done....it will help get all the bubblewrap shreds outa your hair
two days after that, go for a reflexology session,
two days after that, go to a yoga session.

then... return to the top of the list and go through it all again - a serious need for destressing is needed. with the hairdressers, just go for a head massage and a blow dry....you will need it
Excellent advise Sue

GB.....as i always say your just another number to them so **** them and take some time off work you need you head totally focused on the biggest move of your life the last thing you need is this stress.

Good Luck love x
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Issie
Excellent advise Sue

GB.....as i always say your just another number to them so **** them and take some time off work you need you head totally focused on the biggest move of your life the last thing you need is this stress.

Good Luck love x
I always give that advice to my colleagues when they're stressed or ill, but do I listen....nope. Texted mate of mine, she said we'll have a nice shift (yeah right its a friday evening) and she'll bring in some bach rescue remedy.

will go to work and see how I feel, only have 3 shifts to do. After that I'll take som pampering time. We have a spa area at the gym, haven't used it in over a month and I pay stacks for membership......so I'm going to have a lovely spa, then go and get my hair done followed by some of Sue's other tips X many thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.