Stress

Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:30 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stress

I need some help in handling my stress!!!!

I'm not doing a very good job at the moment, i have a fairly stressful job ,1 to 1 behaviour child all day, 4 days a week, 1 day, university studying for teaching degree (plan B) spare time (HA ha ha) bringing up own children, cleaning house, cooking etc, studying for said degree, decorating in anticipation of putting house on market in Jan (if TRA and agent work out pass) running kids around etc etc !!

I have finally reached a point of exploding!!!! i need some serious advice on how to stress relief! coz i just can't 'chill'

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:47 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stress

Originally Posted by alan and sam

I'm not doing a very good job at the moment, i have a fairly stressful job ,1 to 1 behaviour child all day, 4 days a week, 1 day, university studying for teaching degree (plan B) spare time (HA ha ha) bringing up own children, cleaning house, cooking etc, studying for said degree, decorating in anticipation of putting house on market in Jan (if TRA and agent work out pass) running kids around etc etc !!

I have finally reached a point of exploding!!!! i need some serious advice on how to stress relief! coz i just can't 'chill'

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
Hiya Sam i will be interested to see the replies to this one as we are in a very similar situation. I am doing two jobs because my 'normal' job of train driver is no use for the visa so my second job of cooking which is my old RAF trade is being done for the purposes of the visa. I cook in a restaraunt on my days off from the railway then in the tiny bits of time between jobs we are trying to decorate the house and the brand new extention we have just had built as well as do the normal day to day running of the household and our daughters varied calender of ballet, tap, swimming, guides etc etc etc. of course on top of all of this my wife is doing just about everything at home, cooking, ironing, cleaning, shopping etc etc again while i am out at one of my two jobs.
I must say my head is ready to explode with it all as is my poor wifes, and then just to add to the fun our ten year old says daddy why do we spend so little time together now?? how do you explain to her thats its all for the good and that it will pay off eventualy should the very nice people at dimia accept us into their beautifull country, sure she knows what we are doing and why but at ten she doesnt really fully understand the process and what we have got to do to get there. I totally understand where you are coming from Sam and i wish that i could fast forward about ten months or so. take care Sam and im sending you some karma in the vain hope that it will help relieve your stress.

Nev.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:49 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
Just imagine yourself sat on your veranda, sun setting 25 degrees a glass of wine in hand looking back and laughing about when you were on BE writing this thread!!!!!!
You need to start practising drinking anyway as the Doc said as i had my medical. Ten pints a week i said i drank!! He said that was nowhere near enough for the ozzie lifestyle!!
So start practising and chilling will follow
Old Nov 16th 2005, 7:55 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigjugs
Just imagine yourself sat on your veranda, sun setting 25 degrees a glass of wine in hand looking back and laughing about when you were on BE writing this thread!!!!!!
You need to start practising drinking anyway as the Doc said as i had my medical. Ten pints a week i said i drank!! He said that was nowhere near enough for the ozzie lifestyle!!
So start practising and chilling will follow

UMmmmmm but i already drink almost (average) 1 bottle of wine a night!!!

I think i could cope if my agent could sort out the bloody TRA!! at least i would then know the 'worst is over' :scared:

Hi Red lion

Have almost the extact same problem!! as well as me working 4 days too!!!! even more explainations as to why friends can't come round for tea (mummy too stressed to cook for others too!!! - pissed comes later when kids in bed)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sam; Nov 16th 2005 at 7:57 pm. Reason: added some emoticons, plus checked spelling!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I can really realte t how you are feeling. In UK I too was at college full time, worked evenings and also ran an small internet retail business. Since coming to Australia I am so much more relaxed and I will never put myself in that position again.

Just think that all this stress will be worth it once you have your visa in your hand and you can look forward to your new life.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
Can I make a suggestion ? Without sounding too esoteric, meditation can often help put some perspective into life and it might be worth going to a couple of meditation groups so you dont feel a fool . It wouldn't take long and its one of those things that you can do at home, takes but 5 mins and really has benefit and can have a profound calming influence in a hectic world.

If thats not your bag why not simply go for a walk, on your own, through some woods or something for half an hour, no music just take a walk alone. i always think that we dont allow enough time for the simple things in life and always feel like we should be doing something. There will always be lots to do and this will be never ending. Putting aside all your worries for just a short time and just enjoying being you really can help.

Wishing you some peace in your life!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:34 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

OMG i feel exactly the same, have 2 jobs and studying for MSc looking after 2 kids (3 if you include hubby)! I'm so stressed I started to get chest pains this week. I've run out of wine which usually helps so I'm even more stressed now. (and irritable!)
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea's Centurion, can I also suggest Yoga. You focus on breathing which is very calming and its very relaxing exercise it makes you feel great for days after.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:30 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...come on guys....

breath in........and hold.........10...9....8...7...6...5...4....3...2. .1

and relax.....

ooh i feel a bit better now.

okay...and again....
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
Hi Sam

I'm in same kind of situation, apart from I work in residential unit with 10 difficult children and some days I don't get to go home! Would recommend you find some way of doing some rigorous exercise, it works wonders for me, jogging, working out on weights or braying a punch bag for 20 mins . Or maybe having an early night . Helps me no end to work off pend up anger etc. Or maybe go the other way do 20 mins yoga a day. whatever floats your boat give it a try.

Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2005, 1:20 am
Sam
here and staying

Hey guys and girls!!!!

well it's now just gone 2.15am UK time!!!!!! and i'm up again!!!!

Did i say sleeping was a problem too???? too much probably!!

I have taken on board all the suggestions and will promise to try some of them out over the next week (honest) I'll let you know how i get on

So good to here that i'm not alone!! was begining to feel that i lived in the twilight zone or something!

Will take time out to learn how to chill (either that or go nuts )

Sam xxxx
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:40 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Help someone

Please

Sam xxxxxxx
I'm in pretty much the same boat, studying full time for PhD, recent diagnosis of Autism for my daughter 4, son 7 having a hard time with life in general, just passed my driving test, trying to keep clinical work up, neonatal nurse, just put in for job application in Oz, decorating to try and sell house in January/Feb. My answer so far has been that bottle of Red! Trouble is I'm trying to get slim and it ain't helping. I'm away to start Yoga again. I find that when I did this before, and I was a lot bigger in size then, it really helped me chill out and focus.

Cheers,

Ginny