Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Streaming UK TV - anyone tried this one?

Streaming UK TV - anyone tried this one?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Streaming UK TV - anyone tried this one?

Most of the shows I watch are American in origin, but the missus misses Eastenders and Cash in the Attic (don't ask) so I'm always on the look-out for streaming video sites. Chanced upon this one today. I had a little look-see and tried the sample streams and was pretty impressed by the quality. I mean, it's not hi-def, but pretty watchable if you sit back from your monitor. They're asking £25 a month and for that you get BBC1, BBC2, ITV and CH4. Not entirely sure how legal it is - but was wondering if anyone had signed up.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:27 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Streaming UK TV - anyone tried this one?

Originally Posted by Hutch
Most of the shows I watch are American in origin, but the missus misses Eastenders and Cash in the Attic (don't ask) so I'm always on the look-out for streaming video sites. Chanced upon this one today. I had a little look-see and tried the sample streams and was pretty impressed by the quality. I mean, it's not hi-def, but pretty watchable if you sit back from your monitor. They're asking £25 a month and for that you get BBC1, BBC2, ITV and CH4. Not entirely sure how legal it is - but was wondering if anyone had signed up.
Interesting.. make sure you have a decent broadband plan for streaming or you'll get clobbered for data charges over your allowance!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Interesting.. make sure you have a decent broadband plan for streaming or you'll get clobbered for data charges over your allowance!
Yep. I remember a while back Streamick.com found one of the BBC1 demo streams and linked to it. It was a higher bit-rate than the streams I mention above but I still did about 1.5Gb of bandwidth in a day I have a 40Gb plan but would undoubtedly have to up it if I was to subscribe to streaming video.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

do you not download Eastys for her from UK Nova??
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by northernbird
do you not download Eastys for her from UK Nova??
Yea - but she's not an 'event' TV viewer as such - she just likes the noise of it all on in the background ...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea - but she's not an 'event' TV viewer as such - she just likes the noise of it all on in the background ...
No offence but she needs help by the sound of things - Eastenders and Cash in the Attic - not seen that but have heard of it
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No offence but she needs help by the sound of things - Eastenders and Cash in the Attic - not seen that but have heard of it
Well - her TV viewing habits are a mystery to me - 'So you think you can dance', 'Neighbours', 'Inspector Rex' (might have made the last one up), but she regularly works 16 hour days and it keeps her sane ...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well - her TV viewing habits are a mystery to me - 'So you think you can dance', 'Neighbours', 'Inspector Rex' (might have made the last one up), but she regularly works 16 hour days and it keeps her sane ...
I think you must be fairly hard to live with Ah well, whatever makes her happy