Strathpine ????

Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default Strathpine ????

Hi Expatees.
I have been looking into property in the Strathpine area recently.
Has anyone got any usefull info on this area either good or bad.
Prices for property seems fairly cheap so it could be where we end up when we arrive.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:10 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Strathpine ????

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi Expatees.
Prices for property seems fairly cheap so it could be where we end up when we arrive.

Thanks

Dave
Strathpine's not tooooooo bad! Recommend you do a search of this forum for "Strathpine" as we've discussed the area before.

Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:13 pm
sula

Hi Expatees.

Thanks

Dave
Hi Dave,
I used to live in Albany Creek, which is next door to Strathpine. Strathpine has good facilities; shops, station, schools and parks. The property there tends to be older but you certainly get more for your money. I never heard anything bad about it.
Good luck,
Sula

Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Hi Expatees.

Thanks

Dave
We live not far from Strathpine and often go there for shopping, etc. I too have noticed that Strathpine property appears cheaper than surrounding areas - can't think of a reason for this. Seems a reasonable area to me. Maybe if you live on Brendale side of Strathpine it could be a bit 'industrial'. Lots of businesses located there. Handy, but maybe some people don't like that and it keeps prices down. Certainly an area we will be considering for our next move
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:24 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a number if new residential developments happening in the general area as well. Least there the properties are big enough for the kids not to get into trouble on the roads and less traffic than some areas. If we had to move into an new area, we would probably go there.

Must admit I was quite surprised to see 2 positive posts about a northside area, but then again, some of the Bayside crew aren't online yet.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:35 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Strathpine's not tooooooo bad! Recommend you do a search of this forum for "Strathpine" as we've discussed the area before.

What she said I've answered a post on Strathpine on here before. Its the next train stop along from me, slightly older property's but a nice enough suburb all the same.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

pomcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Expatees.

Thanks

Dave
Strathpine like most of the Pine Shire area has grown from a farming community 30 or more years ago, Into a large and thriving community that boasts a modern large shopping complex with multi screen cinema and big retailors like Myer and Big W.
There are plenty of sports for kids to take on including Soccer, R.League, Union, Netball Basketball etc.
Like any other area there are proberly parts less desirable, but on the whole i think Strathpine is a nice place and would recomend you to delve a bit deeper before commiting one way or the other. Cheers Colin