Storm equipment

Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Storm equipment

Has anyone found where to buy a large rechargable torch.

We have those big square torches with the 6V square batteries which cost $6 - $!3 a pop. So thought we'd buy one we can charge, thinking oh yeah $20 or something, tried all the usual suspects and the cheapest we found was bunnings $79 :scared: but they had sold out anyway. Camping shop had some made in china ones $99 would like a torch but dont intend to be ripped off so anyone else had any luck.

Did find a cheap radio for the storm kit, R picked it up at the dump
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Storm equipment

Originally Posted by jad n rich

We have those big square torches with the 6V square batteries which cost $6 - $!3 a pop. So thought we'd buy one we can charge, thinking oh yeah $20 or something, tried all the usual suspects and the cheapest we found was bunnings $79 :scared: but they had sold out anyway. Camping shop had some made in china ones $99 would like a torch but dont intend to be ripped off so anyone else had any luck.

the Arlec rechargable flourescent light is good under $50 at Big W. At least it will illuminate a room.

The LED lights are the way to go as they draw minimal power. Some require AAA batteries (use rechargeable), some wind up and some shaker type. Local camping and marine shops sell them. Prices from about $20 >

Supercheap have rechargable car bulb type $25. Good beam but short life.

Laptop with dialup to saty connected to the outside world.

WW
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:00 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

http://www.batteriesplus.com.au/prod...&iParentID=247

eveready rechargeable $27.50
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

We have had 2 of the Arlec rechargables (dont know what model, big yellow jobbies with a black bit around the lens) & have found them to be next to useless! Fully charged they give off a fabulous beam of light, only problem is it lasts less than 10 mins! Pretty hard to recharge when the power is out . We bought the second one after the first one died thinking that maybe we got a bit of a dud the first time around but nope, second one was just as bad as the first . Absolutely useless.

Have now gone back to Dolphins - waterprooof, wont break if you drop them & you can keep a spare battery in the drawer.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:22 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

I can help with the rechargeable types, but bunnings are selling the smaller squarish tourches (that take the 6v big square battery) for $9 a pop lately WITH 2 batteries!

Grab a couple of those, you can't really go wrong.