British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   stopovers....how to book them with ebookers?????????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stopovers-how-book-them-ebookers-433685/)

stumpysean Mar 10th 2007 2:16 pm

stopovers....how to book them with ebookers??????????

Hi, we're flying out to Brisbane in Nov, the best flight prices are with ebookers & Singapore airlines. Thought it would be a good idea to stop overnight (or for however hours we need to) in a hotel/room etc.... as we have 2 kids and grandparents! how do you book these...is it direct with the airline? If so does anybody know how much????

nickyjohnt Mar 10th 2007 2:30 pm

Re: stopovers....how to book them with ebookers??????????

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 4504705)
Hi, we're flying out to Brisbane in Nov, the best flight prices are with ebookers & Singapore airlines. Thought it would be a good idea to stop overnight (or for however hours we need to) in a hotel/room etc.... as we have 2 kids and grandparents! how do you book these...is it direct with the airline? If so does anybody know how much????

We have had 2 stopovers in Singapore and booked through ebookers, the first time we rang ebookers and did it over the phone, I think the Hotel cost for 2 adults 1 child was about £100 including transport from and to the Airport. We loved Singapore and wish we had stayed longer.

Good Luck

John

stumpysean Mar 10th 2007 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 4504732)
We have had 2 stopovers in Singapore and booked through ebookers, the first time we rang ebookers and did it over the phone, I think the Hotel cost for 2 adults 1 child was about £100 including transport from and to the Airport. We loved Singapore and wish we had stayed longer.

Good Luck

John

Hi thanks for that....so you would reccommend breaking up the flight then? What happens though if you only have 12 hrs or so between flights....do you have time to get to the hotel...sleep...shower and get back to the airport? Or do you purposely book flights a day apart???

suzimc Mar 10th 2007 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 4504755)
Hi thanks for that....so you would reccommend breaking up the flight then? What happens though if you only have 12 hrs or so between flights....do you have time to get to the hotel...sleep...shower and get back to the airport? Or do you purposely book flights a day apart???

If you've only got 12 hours you could check into the transit hotel for a few hours kip, or Singapore airport offer a ver good tour of singapore for passengers with a lengthy layover. Have a look at their website for more details of it.

If you want to stay longer you will need to purposely book the flight like that. I would definitely recommend it and Singapore is well worth a 2 - 4 day stopover. We stayed in the Shangri-la and were extremely impressed with it.

Have fun!

nickyjohnt Mar 10th 2007 3:04 pm

We purposely booked for a nights stopover on our return journeys, but our one way here we didn't stopover. Personally i wish we had stopped for a few days. One night was not enough. I think if you have a 12 hr wait you can book rooms at the Airport on an hourly basis there is also a swimming pool you can use, i think you can arrange bus tours to pass the time, no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong. I would reccommend a stopover if time is on your side.
Good Luck
John

stumpysean Mar 10th 2007 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by suzimc (Post 4504770)
If you've only got 12 hours you could check into the transit hotel for a few hours kip, or Singapore airport offer a ver good tour of singapore for passengers with a lengthy layover. Have a look at their website for more details of it.

If you want to stay longer you will need to purposely book the flight like that. I would definitely recommend it and Singapore is well worth a 2 - 4 day stopover. We stayed in the Shangri-la and were extremely impressed with it.

Have fun!

I'm glad you mentione the 'transit' hotel....i'd read about it somewhere but couldn't remember where!!!! How does that work then....is it actually at the airport and is it expensive???? How long can you have that for???

Sorry for all the questions....last time we flew via Dubai and didn't stopover.

nickyjohnt Mar 10th 2007 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 4504791)
I'm glad you mentione the 'transit' hotel....i'd read about it somewhere but couldn't remember where!!!! How does that work then....is it actually at the airport and is it expensive???? How long can you have that for???

Sorry for all the questions....last time we flew via Dubai and didn't stopover.

Just checked their web site www.airport-hotel.com.sg gives you all the information you need, Looks very reasonable booked in 6 hr blocks

Good Luck

John

Wendy Mar 10th 2007 9:52 pm

We had 18 hours there, booked the transit hotel for 12 of them. It's very reasonably priced and it was great to be able to shower, sleep and generally chill out. We booked the first 12 hours, then the last 6 we looked around the airport, did some shopping, had some food and then went for a beer.

It was really humid outside, so I'm really glad we didn't stop any longer. It made me feel quite ill.

temptininnit Mar 11th 2007 9:24 am

We have two nights and three days in Singapore on our stopover, we need to decide on a nice hotel for our stay.

nickyjohnt Mar 11th 2007 11:31 am

Originally Posted by temptininnit (Post 4506506)
We have two nights and three days in Singapore on our stopover, we need to decide on a nice hotel for our stay.

I would reccommend the Regent Hotel 5* very reasonable rates stayed there for 2 weeks 18 mths ago absolutely Ist Class. Also if you have young kids try Sentosa Resort plenty to do. Would reccommend the night Safari. Try to get to Clark Quay and Boat Quay plenty of lovely restaurants and Bars. A Singapore Sling at Raffles is also a must. Plenty of Shopping Malls down Orchard Rd. So much to do there in such a short time. Guarantee you will love the place so clean and safe.
Make the most of it and Enjoy

John