Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stop hijacking threads PLEASE!!!

Stop hijacking threads PLEASE!!!

Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Stop hijacking threads PLEASE!!!

I am getting increasing fed up with logging into threads with an interesting and relevant (to me) title, only to find that PB and Pankala have hijacked them to have a slanging match.

I agree with much of what PB writes, and although I can sympathise with Pankala`s angst (up to a point) I really want to use this forum as it was intended.

For gods sake, grow up!!!
Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stop hijacking threads PLEASE!!!

Originally posted by pommiesheila
I am getting increasing fed up with logging into threads with an interesting and relevant (to me) title, only to find that PB and Pankala have hijacked them to have a slanging match.

I agree with much of what PB writes, and although I can sympathise with Pankala`s angst (up to a point) I really want to use this forum as it was intended.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Pudnut...
Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pudnut
Couldn't agree more!!!

wrote the same thing not long ago about NZ threads

sashimi
Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

I agree with much of what PB writes,

lol yer right really helps everyone out, more like aggravates everyone and winds everyone up
Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bussie
lol yer right really helps everyone out, more like aggravates everyone and winds everyone up
I said I agree with MUCH of what PB SAYS. I did not say I liked or agreed with the way he puts it. Having lived in both the UK and australia, I feel able to evaluate both sides of the argument.

Fact remains, threads should stick to the original topic....
Old Feb 26th 2003, 9:01 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

I said I agree with MUCH of what PB SAYS. I did not say I liked or agreed with the way he puts it. Having lived in both the UK and australia, I feel able to evaluate both sides of the argument.

Fact remains, threads should stick to the original topic....

Here Here, I totally agree. Just saw pommiejean's thread and thought that will be interesting and 30 something replies only her original and one other the rest was PB and Pankala talking about, well I am not really sure!!!!

And I think that after living here for 40 years if anyone call tell you really about Australia it is her.
Old Feb 26th 2003, 10:43 am
pankala

Originally posted by sully4441
Hi PS,
I had a pop at this earlier, the discussion I was reading moved from an unexpected find in a crisp packet to TB and racism in a few pages. But I'm a fraid thats the nature of the beast, someone posts something relevent to the last post, but adds just a little rider to it, then the next person picks up on that bit, responds to it and adds his extra comment....before you know it's like that game where you change a word, letter at a time, to the complete opposite, e.g. black to white. You will never stop it. But it requires people to recognise the need to start a new thread when they find a new discussion point within a discussion. Whew! And all that without the aid of a safety net!
Anyway, the price of bananas, shocking!
lms
Trouble is I find winding up PB awefully good fun. Should PM him but the fun is in teasing him in public. Thought we got the really childish stuff out of the way Monday, hope it gets more adult but not nasty.

Pity we can not start a new thread with the post being replied too and ones own post, when things drift off topic. Think that would solve the problem but would the poster being replied to agree to having their post at the start of a new thread?

Old Feb 26th 2003, 2:08 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pankala
Trouble is I find winding up PB awefully good fun. Should PM him but the fun is in teasing him in public. Thought we got the really childish stuff out of the way Monday, hope it gets more adult but not nasty.

Pity we can not start a new thread with the post being replied too and ones own post, when things drift off topic. Think that would solve the problem but would the poster being replied to agree to having their post at the start of a new thread?
Actually NO - your idea of fun ruins the converstation trying to evolve around PB (we have learnt to live with that miserable sod - a bit like Grandad's I told you so)

So You Two Go start your own threads when you and PB have a decent chat then post it.....cheers
Old Feb 26th 2003, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You might enjoy 'teasing him in public' but we don't want to read about it.

S*d off
either pm or set up your own threads to entice him, like PB does, then you can wind him up til your hearts content because most people avoid anything posted by PB.
Old Feb 26th 2003, 6:20 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
You might enjoy 'teasing him in public' but we don't want to read about it.

S*d off
either pm or set up your own threads to entice him, like PB does, then you can wind him up til your hearts content because most people avoid anything posted by PB.
Yeah, whatever.

Does anyone here know what the windsurfing is like at Lancelin W.A.?
Old Feb 26th 2003, 8:51 pm
pankala

Originally posted by Sandra
Actually NO - your idea of fun ruins the converstation trying to evolve around PB (we have learnt to live with that miserable sod - a bit like Grandad's I told you so)

So You Two Go start your own threads when you and PB have a decent chat then post it.....cheers
All for it. Hope PB takes notice. Gets a surprising number of voyeurs but!

Old Feb 26th 2003, 9:35 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Do you remember Des and Dapne,Mrs Mangle,Clive the Doc,Mike,plain Jane super-brain,Shane etc etc

BB-hijack a thread with irrelevance--moi ?
Old Feb 26th 2003, 10:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra

I think you have missed the point whos miserable you and a lot more on this forum are far too straight and have no humour what so ever .
Any atempt to make this site worth a look is clamped down on , there is a split between the the I dont want to hear that mummy group and those who try to inject debate even God forbid humour.

Old Feb 26th 2003, 11:01 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

All for it. Hope PB takes notice. Gets a surprising number of voyeurs but!
Turn coat stand up and take it on the chin , you have every right to inject wit onto this forum even ifs its a bit off the wall .
Every post that you have had input has contained some useful
information if dreamers and we love Australia crew do not like your or my input who cares?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 26th 2003 at 11:04 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2003, 11:14 pm
Banned

Sorry dear lady I do find Australia a sad joke and it and this forum lacks any real debate , if you knock the place all the dreamers jump up and now it seems light hearted banter is against the rules .
People will only respond to what interests them , there is no force involved and as long as bad language and threats are kept out of it I see no problem , but do I agree the some of it is child like .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.