Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stonemasons /Failed brickies

Stonemasons /Failed brickies

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stonemasons /Failed brickies

Stonemason looks very poorly paid here but this may be of use to the odd refugee.
Well Australia welcomes all , even the working poor.

Stonemason
Occupational Category Building and Construction
Broad Occupation Bricklayers and Stonemasons
STONEMASONS cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry.

Note: There are no specific data for this occupation. The information presented is for a group of occupations: Wall and Floor Tilers, Stonemasons.

Occupation
Size Small3,800
Weekly Earnings $601 *(before tax)

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlo...?ASCOCode=4418

Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:36 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Stonemasons /Failed brickies

I take it this is the village idiots way of having a dig at his pal 'Stoney'.

Last edited by chippy; Jun 24th 2003 at 7:38 am.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy

I take it this is a dig at your good friend Stoney.

No me never , I just help the sad and lost to find happyness.
Try same site for nail bender.

Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:54 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
No me never , I just help the sad and lost to find happyness.
Try same site for nail bender.

Careful now, I've only just got here and I'm trying to be nice.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 7:56 am
Banned

Originally posted by chippy
Careful now, I'
Ive only just got here and I'm trying to be nice.

Off to happy hour and a full days golfing tomorrow ,so happy posting to you good Sir .

Old Jun 24th 2003, 8:01 am
I'm lovin' it

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Off to happy hour and a full days golfing tomorrow ,so happy posting to you good Sir .

What a charmed life you seem to lead. Enjoy, my good man!

Last edited by chippy; Jun 24th 2003 at 8:08 am.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Stonemason looks very poorly paid here but this may be of use to the odd refugee.

Stonemason
STONEMASONS cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry.

Note: There are no specific data for this occupation. The information presented is for a group of occupations: Wall and Floor Tilers, Stonemasons.

Occupation
Size Small3,800

I'm certainly getting under your skin arent I.....
Thanks for the invaluable information though, yes I am a stonemason, however I run a business in the UK employing stonemasons as I hope to do in Oz and it looks like the $601 is what I will be paying my wage slaves but what I charge them out at is another thing.
Not many more paychecks to pick up now PB before you come back into the realms of UK wage slaves,
DONT ASSUME WE ALL HAVE YOUR LIMITATIONS !!!

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlo...?ASCOCode=4418

Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Stonemason
Occupation
Size Small3,800

Nice to see you are doing MY reasearch,
Thanks for the invaluable information though, yes I am a stonemason, however I run a business in the UK employing stonemasons as I hope to do in Oz and it looks like the $601 is what I will be paying my wage slaves but what I charge them out at is another thing.
Not many more paychecks to pick up now PB before you come back into the realms of UK wage slaves,

Oh and in anticipation of your pathetic insulting retort

Last edited by Stoney; Jun 24th 2003 at 4:30 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:34 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

It is worth noting that the wage quoted is the industry minimum award. In practice, most stone masons will probably earn a lot more.

My husband is also in an occupation where the award payment is very low (floor finisher - check it out PB). However we have been assured by employers and employees in the business that the actual weekly wage is likely to be at least double the award payment.

Statistics can be misleading if misquoted

Mel
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mika24me
It is worth noting that the wage quoted is the industry minimum award. In practice, most stone masons will probably earn a lot more.

My husband is also in an occupation where the award payment is very low (floor finisher - check it out PB). However we have been assured by employers and employees in the business that the actual weekly wage is likely to be at least double the award payment.

Mel

Spot on Mel

Also if he checked out the wages of "cards in" jobs in the UK they are poorly paid to however self employed tradesmen can and do earn in excess of £1000 per wk
I'm afraid PB's posts are more aimed at insulting than informing as he doesnt have much left to say thats interesting.

oh and in anticipation of PB'S insulting retort

Last edited by Stoney; Jun 24th 2003 at 4:53 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

one for wilf though..

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlo...?ASCOCode=4312

i see air con guys are 'averaging ' 793 dollars ;-))

although sparkies get 799 -bloody 'ell !!

still liked this bit..

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; Jun 24th 2003 at 8:16 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 8:47 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by r.bartlett
one for wilf though..

i see air con guys are 'averaging ' 793 dollars ;-))

although sparkies get 799 -bloody 'ell !!

still liked this bit..

cheers

richard

Ooooo Good site

Looked mine up....quite encourageing if its true!

http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/A...?ASCOCode=2112
Old Jun 26th 2003, 12:57 am
Banned

Originally posted by mika24me

Mel

You are right and wrong the Min is the level set to try and stop employers paying less , but its a yard stick to set wages too , there as as many earning it as earning over it , to get double is a dream.
The goverment bought in bull laws so employers can pay under if you agree and most cases its agree or stay unemployed.

Old Jun 26th 2003, 1:04 am
Banned

Originally posted by Stoney
Nice to see you are doing MY reasearch,

Oh and in anticipation of your pathetic insulting retort
:

Yours seem to be delutions that will bite you , there is little need for stonemasons here as you will find out.
You did not take in the amount employed in this industry it very small because lack of demand .
Never mind buy a ute and do as most do here and lay limestone walls , backbreaking and loads fighting for work.
Love to watch you sweating here but I hate to see people in pain.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 26th 2003 at 2:47 am.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 1:38 am
Banned

Originally posted by PeteY
Ooooo Good site

Looked mine up....quite encourageing if its true!

http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/A...?ASCOCode=2112
Look up the jobs on the site it covers every state in Australia.

http://jobsearch.gov.au/default.asp?WHCode=0&TextOnly=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.