Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Stolen For Sale Sign

The Stolen For Sale Sign

Old May 29th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Angry The Stolen For Sale Sign

As most people do before moving to another country, I too am trying to sell my house.

I'm Trying to sell privately rather than through an estate agent, The money is better off in my pocket than of some greedy estate agent.

However, I woke up this morning to notice my for sale sign has been stolen!! some f***in drunk puluka probably on the way home from the pub or some kids (probably in hoodies). So up the street I went in search of the sign, which by the way, is better than most estate agent signs, maybe thats why it was stolen. (Maybe a drunk estate agent took it!).

Anyway, I was prepared for a long walk around looking for it but I didn't have to go far before I stumbled across it wedged into a hedge.

This could also be another reason for exiting the UK, I'm sure the yobbish behaviour of the kids in UK, getting drunk, taking drugs etc will not be replicated in Australia. This country has gone down hill rapidly and it hasn't finished yet. But that is another subject and for another post.

Christ I'm sounding like my parents now!!! When I was lad....

Worse still this is sounding more like a blog/diary which I'm sure you all know is a sore point on BE so Ill wind it up now.

Good luck to all selling their homes and may a buyer be just around the corner, and keep an eye on those for sale signs!!
Old May 29th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Re: The Stolen For Sale Sign

Originally Posted by manxfamily
As most people do before moving to another country, I too am trying to sell my house.

I'm Trying to sell privately rather than through an estate agent, The money is better off in my pocket than of some greedy estate agent.

However, I woke up this morning to notice my for sale sign has been stolen!! some f***in drunk puluka probably on the way home from the pub or some kids (probably in hoodies). So up the street I went in search of the sign, which by the way, is better than most estate agent signs, maybe thats why it was stolen. (Maybe a drunk estate agent took it!).

Anyway, I was prepared for a long walk around looking for it but I didn't have to go far before I stumbled across it wedged into a hedge.

This could also be another reason for exiting the UK, I'm sure the yobbish behaviour of the kids in UK, getting drunk, taking drugs etc will not be replicated in Australia. This country has gone down hill rapidly and it hasn't finished yet. But that is another subject and for another post.

Worse still this is sounding more like a blog/diary which I'm sure you all know is a sore point on BE so Ill wind it up now.

Good luck to all selling their homes and may a buyer be just around the corner, and keep an eye on those for sale signs!!
Sorry to hear about your sign and good luck with the house sale. Just out of interest how are you marketing your property? We are with an agent, but they are annoying us and have been toying with the idea of selling privately, which also means that we can be a bit more flexible with our price.
Old May 29th 2005, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Sorry to hear about your sign and good luck with the house sale. Just out of interest how are you marketing your property? We are with an agent, but they are annoying us and have been toying with the idea of selling privately, which also means that we can be a bit more flexible with our price.

Well, the sign is up in the front garden, and adverts running in the local paper.

Living on the Isle of Man helps as the local paper goes to every house on the Island, so its a captive audience, as there is only one local paper. If I were in the UK then I would have to look at the local papers in the area and also the surrounding areas, finding out circulation figures etc to target the right people.

The only thing a local estate agent would do apart from this is have it in their shop window and have people enquiring about houses for sale. But these people would also look in the local paper, so I should get an equal amount of enquiries.

good luck with yours
Old May 29th 2005, 10:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to dissapoint but, there are kids with yobbish/thuggish behaviour, getting drunk and taking drugs in Australia, as in most of the western world. Although it is a pain for the seller, sign stealing does happen from time to time. This involves just moving the sign further down the street to the front of another house, to make it look like that house is for sale/rent, just for a joke, and sometimes they aren't drunk.
Old May 29th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Sorry to dissapoint but, there are kids with yobbish/thuggish behaviour, getting drunk and taking drugs in Australia, as in most of the western world. Although it is a pain for the seller, sign stealing does happen from time to time. This involves just moving the sign further down the street to the front of another house, to make it look like that house is for sale/rent, just for a joke, and sometimes they aren't drunk.

Yes I do understand that everywhere in the world there are yobs, Im not expecting a polite, no need for policing society in oz, there will be as much crime there as anywhere, but I can imagine the pricks in oz being as bad as the pricks in the UK.

Its a fact that the kids have nothing to do, that they will find amusement in stealing for sale signs, and where I live there is certainly nothing for the kids to do, so the sign stealing will continue. In fact Im thinking that the sign appearing back in my garden will now become a game for the kids, maybe I should electrify it!!! thatll stop them!!
Old May 29th 2005, 10:37 am
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it was a frustrated first time buyer, angry at the fact that houses have tripled in value in 7 years, yet their wages have only risen by
10-20% over that time. Many people cannot afford a shed let alone a house, sometimes in injustice of it all manifests itself in acts such as this.

Last edited by eatstatic; May 29th 2005 at 10:43 am.
Old May 29th 2005, 10:47 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Maybe it was a frustrated first time buyer, angry at the fact that houses have tripled in value in 7 years, yet their wages have only risen by
10-20% over that time. Many people cannot afford a shed let alone a house, sometimes in injustice of it all manifests itself in acts such as this.
They seem like drunk idiots to me nothing more to than that.

The idea that drunks are less idiotic in Oz is very wishful thinking.
Old May 29th 2005, 11:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
They seem like drunk idiots to me nothing more to than that.

The idea that drunks are less idiotic in Oz is very wishful thinking.
Come on BP you have been here long enough now, you Know the average Aussie hoon would not touch a sign or move it, it would seem like having to work ............... mm
Old May 30th 2005, 2:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the yobbish behaviour of the kids in UK, getting drunk, taking drugs etc will not be replicated in Australia.
Classic! I sometimes forget that these rose tinter quotes are not ironic but genuine.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Come on BP you have been here long enough now, you Know the average Aussie hoon would not touch a sign or move it, it would seem like having to work ............... mm

They just tend to graffitti em in this neck of the woods...
Old May 30th 2005, 9:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Sorry they would take a dump under it and sleep in the same spot here.
Old May 30th 2005, 10:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Sorry they would take a dump under it and sleep in the same spot here.
Jeeze and i thought Adelaide had problems ............... mm
Old May 30th 2005, 10:46 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by renth
Classic! I sometimes forget that these rose tinter quotes are not ironic but genuine.

Manxfamily, I have to say and this is only our personal experiences that we had more trouble with crime, vandalism and anti social behaviour in Oz than anywhere else I have lived in the world, and I used to live on the border of Moss Side in Manchester!

M

Old May 30th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

"I can imagine the pricks in oz being as bad as the pricks in the UK."

you haven't met my brother in law then
Old May 30th 2005, 11:01 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by pako
"I can imagine the pricks in oz being as bad as the pricks in the UK."

you haven't met my brother in law then
Or mine

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.