British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Stolen dogs - suggestions? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stolen-dogs-suggestions-670710/)

Cheetah7 Jun 2nd 2010 4:24 am

Stolen dogs - suggestions?

A friend had 5 Shar Pei puppies stolen from his house yesterday, a group of teens in Mandurah, pushed his wife over and stole 5 puppies. He thinks they are local to him and his wife reported it to the police.

There were 3 black bitches stolen and 2 brown males - 8 weeks old, the pet shops in Mandurah have been informed.

The people who have taken the dogs are from his local indigenous community and his wife recognised a couple of them and has gone to identify them today.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next? I am not sure about approaching the Elders, I don't know how well that would go down, he is obviously worried for the safety of the puppies as well so how it is handled is really imortant.

If anyone has been offered a Shar Pei puppy please can you contact the local police to check it isnt from the stolen litter.

Personally I don't know how common Shar Pei puppies are around these parts or how easy/difficult they would be to sell on but I would like to try and help him find them.

If you have any info, give us a shout and I can pass it on to him.:(

renth Jun 2nd 2010 4:44 am

Re: Stolen dogs - suggestions?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8605226)
Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next?(

Let the cops deal with it.

Bernieboy Jun 2nd 2010 4:47 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8605241)

They prob already have,by nicking the dogs;)

Cheetah7 Jun 2nd 2010 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8605244)
They prob already have,by nicking the dogs;)

I have to say that although they are cute, everytime I have cuddled a Shar Pei I have come up in a rash, they have that kind of coat that prickles. We used to get them in at the vets and lots of them had eye problems and skin fold infections.

I guess we all have our own favourite dog breed. Mine is whippet but Kelpies coming a close second.

canadaeh Jun 2nd 2010 1:30 pm

That’s sad. I at least hope that if they don’t find them, it’s because they have been sold on and not harmed.

Good luck.

mr mover Jun 2nd 2010 2:27 pm

Probably been eaten , thats what the chinese originallly bred them for....;)mm

Cheetah7 Jun 2nd 2010 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover (Post 8606195)
Probably been eaten , thats what the chinese originallly bred them for....;)mm

:eek:

Ill have a quarter pounder of shar pei with fries please and go easy on the sauce.

kar-kier Jun 2nd 2010 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8606311)
:eek:

Ill have a quarter pounder of shar pei with fries please and go easy on the sauce.

I live in Mandurah, and in my 18 months here, I've never seen a shar pei! Will keep my eyes open for them though!

Zambia Jun 3rd 2010 5:34 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8605241)

I would concur

In this incident of Puppy stealing the offenders where caught red handed with the pups in the car, where they had run around and poo'd pretty much everywhere. What the article does not say is that Vic pol stuck a canary on the car locked it up and left it in the sun for the next few days in 35 degree heat.

Imagine dog poo cooked for two days into the seats. That's justice.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/do...1118-ikui.html

spottydog Jun 3rd 2010 9:20 am

That's awful, Shar peis aren't that common anywhere I think (I have one here in Sydney and most people know them as the purex rolly dogs).

If they are 8 weeks old have they already been microchipped? So can be listed as stolen against all their chip numbers.

I have seen pups offered for as little as $250 recently and as much as $2000+

Maybe worth put stolen ad's in the local shops and dog parks and also keeping an eye on places like gumtree

Cheetah7 Jun 3rd 2010 10:31 am

Originally Posted by spottydog (Post 8608343)
That's awful, Shar peis aren't that common anywhere I think (I have one here in Sydney and most people know them as the purex rolly dogs).

If they are 8 weeks old have they already been microchipped? So can be listed as stolen against all their chip numbers.

I have seen pups offered for as little as $250 recently and as much as $2000+

Maybe worth put stolen ad's in the local shops and dog parks and also keeping an eye on places like gumtree

They were due to be chipped this Friday and then to be sold.

I hope they find them I really do, that must have been awful for his wife to have that happen. The mother dog was barking her head off, she was in the other room and could hear whatever was happening.

I will call him tomorrow and see what has been said.

gobbyjock Jun 3rd 2010 11:21 am

Seem to see quite a lot of sharpei /crosses around here - there are some pups for sale on Gumtree at the minute - $700 each.

Ceri Jun 3rd 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 8605226)
A friend had 5 Shar Pei puppies stolen from his house yesterday, a group of teens in Mandurah, pushed his wife over and stole 5 puppies. He thinks they are local to him and his wife reported it to the police.

There were 3 black bitches stolen and 2 brown males - 8 weeks old, the pet shops in Mandurah have been informed.

The people who have taken the dogs are from his local indigenous community and his wife recognised a couple of them and has gone to identify them today.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next? I am not sure about approaching the Elders, I don't know how well that would go down, he is obviously worried for the safety of the puppies as well so how it is handled is really imortant.

If anyone has been offered a Shar Pei puppy please can you contact the local police to check it isnt from the stolen litter.

Personally I don't know how common Shar Pei puppies are around these parts or how easy/difficult they would be to sell on but I would like to try and help him find them.

If you have any info, give us a shout and I can pass it on to him.:(

A suggestion to your friend. Your friend is absolutely no different to the people who stole them - Stop in dealing in life !!!

Very Kind regards.
I see the forum hasn't changed that much ...too many weirdos for my liking

cresta57 Jun 3rd 2010 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ceri (Post 8608750)
A suggestion to your friend. Your friend is absolutely no different to the people who stole them - Stop in dealing in life !!!

Very Kind regards.
I see the forum hasn't changed that much ...too many weirdos for my liking

Bloody hell Ceri your a blast from the past. Hope life has been good to you these past few years;)

Ceri Jun 3rd 2010 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 8608765)
Bloody hell Ceri your a blast from the past. Hope life has been good to you these past few years;)

I thought I'd have a browse after many years... It got all too serious for me this forum ( ie no laughter , everyone trying to chip anothers statement., instead of listening to to each others views)better things to do

Yes thank you life has been good to me ( at least I think it has ) I have since had a child who drives me around the bend. a child after my own heart ( stubborn and it's own way) . I do not know who I should strangle first myself or my child :D

Kind regards