Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stolen dogs - suggestions?

Stolen dogs - suggestions?

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:24 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Stolen dogs - suggestions?

A friend had 5 Shar Pei puppies stolen from his house yesterday, a group of teens in Mandurah, pushed his wife over and stole 5 puppies. He thinks they are local to him and his wife reported it to the police.

There were 3 black bitches stolen and 2 brown males - 8 weeks old, the pet shops in Mandurah have been informed.

The people who have taken the dogs are from his local indigenous community and his wife recognised a couple of them and has gone to identify them today.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next? I am not sure about approaching the Elders, I don't know how well that would go down, he is obviously worried for the safety of the puppies as well so how it is handled is really imortant.

If anyone has been offered a Shar Pei puppy please can you contact the local police to check it isnt from the stolen litter.

Personally I don't know how common Shar Pei puppies are around these parts or how easy/difficult they would be to sell on but I would like to try and help him find them.

If you have any info, give us a shout and I can pass it on to him.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stolen dogs - suggestions?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next?(
Let the cops deal with it.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:47 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
They prob already have,by nicking the dogs
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
They prob already have,by nicking the dogs
I have to say that although they are cute, everytime I have cuddled a Shar Pei I have come up in a rash, they have that kind of coat that prickles. We used to get them in at the vets and lots of them had eye problems and skin fold infections.

I guess we all have our own favourite dog breed. Mine is whippet but Kelpies coming a close second.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

That’s sad. I at least hope that if they don’t find them, it’s because they have been sold on and not harmed.

Good luck.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:27 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Probably been eaten , thats what the chinese originallly bred them for....mm
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover
Probably been eaten , thats what the chinese originallly bred them for....mm

Ill have a quarter pounder of shar pei with fries please and go easy on the sauce.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:49 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Ill have a quarter pounder of shar pei with fries please and go easy on the sauce.
I live in Mandurah, and in my 18 months here, I've never seen a shar pei! Will keep my eyes open for them though!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:34 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I would concur

In this incident of Puppy stealing the offenders where caught red handed with the pups in the car, where they had run around and poo'd pretty much everywhere. What the article does not say is that Vic pol stuck a canary on the car locked it up and left it in the sun for the next few days in 35 degree heat.

Imagine dog poo cooked for two days into the seats. That's justice.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/do...1118-ikui.html
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

That's awful, Shar peis aren't that common anywhere I think (I have one here in Sydney and most people know them as the purex rolly dogs).

If they are 8 weeks old have they already been microchipped? So can be listed as stolen against all their chip numbers.

I have seen pups offered for as little as $250 recently and as much as $2000+

Maybe worth put stolen ad's in the local shops and dog parks and also keeping an eye on places like gumtree
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by spottydog
That's awful, Shar peis aren't that common anywhere I think (I have one here in Sydney and most people know them as the purex rolly dogs).

If they are 8 weeks old have they already been microchipped? So can be listed as stolen against all their chip numbers.

I have seen pups offered for as little as $250 recently and as much as $2000+

Maybe worth put stolen ad's in the local shops and dog parks and also keeping an eye on places like gumtree
They were due to be chipped this Friday and then to be sold.

I hope they find them I really do, that must have been awful for his wife to have that happen. The mother dog was barking her head off, she was in the other room and could hear whatever was happening.

I will call him tomorrow and see what has been said.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:21 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Seem to see quite a lot of sharpei /crosses around here - there are some pups for sale on Gumtree at the minute - $700 each.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:57 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

A friend had 5 Shar Pei puppies stolen from his house yesterday, a group of teens in Mandurah, pushed his wife over and stole 5 puppies. He thinks they are local to him and his wife reported it to the police.

There were 3 black bitches stolen and 2 brown males - 8 weeks old, the pet shops in Mandurah have been informed.

The people who have taken the dogs are from his local indigenous community and his wife recognised a couple of them and has gone to identify them today.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what he could do next? I am not sure about approaching the Elders, I don't know how well that would go down, he is obviously worried for the safety of the puppies as well so how it is handled is really imortant.

If anyone has been offered a Shar Pei puppy please can you contact the local police to check it isnt from the stolen litter.

Personally I don't know how common Shar Pei puppies are around these parts or how easy/difficult they would be to sell on but I would like to try and help him find them.

If you have any info, give us a shout and I can pass it on to him.
A suggestion to your friend. Your friend is absolutely no different to the people who stole them - Stop in dealing in life !!!

Very Kind regards.
I see the forum hasn't changed that much ...too many weirdos for my liking

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 3rd 2010 at 1:01 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:05 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
A suggestion to your friend. Your friend is absolutely no different to the people who stole them - Stop in dealing in life !!!

Very Kind regards.
I see the forum hasn't changed that much ...too many weirdos for my liking
Bloody hell Ceri your a blast from the past. Hope life has been good to you these past few years
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:32 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cresta57
Bloody hell Ceri your a blast from the past. Hope life has been good to you these past few years
I thought I'd have a browse after many years... It got all too serious for me this forum ( ie no laughter , everyone trying to chip anothers statement., instead of listening to to each others views)better things to do

Yes thank you life has been good to me ( at least I think it has ) I have since had a child who drives me around the bend. a child after my own heart ( stubborn and it's own way) . I do not know who I should strangle first myself or my child

Kind regards

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 3rd 2010 at 1:54 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.