British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   STNI Visa application timescale?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stni-visa-application-timescale-339667/)

szandor Nov 26th 2005 10:54 pm

STNI Visa application timescale??

Hi does anyone have any indication how long visa applications take once STNI successful, they say the visa will be priority treated but how fast are they at present??? Carpenter & Joiner subclass 137 visa:scared:

oliverandlisa Nov 27th 2005 7:05 am

Re: STNI Visa application timescale??

Originally Posted by szandor
Hi does anyone have any indication how long visa applications take once STNI successful, they say the visa will be priority treated but how fast are they at present??? Carpenter & Joiner subclass 137 visa:scared:

our agents reckon between 6 and 9 months. Apparantly they are coming back at around 7 months at the moments

Lisa.x

arewethereyet Nov 27th 2005 8:04 pm

Our 137 has been progressing nicely:
Sent to DIMIA 31/07/05
Acknowledged 04//08/05
Request for meds 22/11/05
Done Xrays 25/11/05
Medicals 26/11/05
Send Police checks to DIMIA next week
Could be 8-10 weeks after this for Visa....

Melbourne here we come

possoms Nov 27th 2005 8:09 pm

Hi heres our timeline also carpenter/joiner:

TRA posted 23/6/04
POSITIVE TRA RESULT 9/11/04
GOT STNI APPROVAL 21/1/05
VISA APP LODGED 25/2/05
CONFIRMED RECEIPT 3/3/05
CHEQUE CASHED 10/5/05
MED & PC CHECKS REQUESTED 8/6/05
MEDS SENT 28/6/05
PC SENT 30/06/05
VISA GRANTED 12/08/05

good luck :)

scrubbedexpat020 Nov 27th 2005 9:57 pm

6-8 weeks after your DIMIA application.

Most time is spent collating the info for the application.

I was so proud of my application: I felt like the author of a best-selling book. I kept asking myself is the case officer going to find this easy to handle and used dividers with notes to make it clearer. A work of art!

It's an achievement to get it together.

After that you worry about your application going lost, when do they take the money off the cc, what about the medicals,....

Then you get here and worry about house, schools, job, bank, driving licence, ...

But because you are a member of this forum you have all the answers at your fingertips and it's never as difficult as you first imagine. Trick is not to think about doing it until you have to. Step at a time.

Ian